Thursday, March 7, 2013

King Piggy v. Consequence

It's crazy. After all this mess happened with Drell, no one had really bothered asking me what happened. I mean I was guilty of this. I was but he betrayed me. Point blank. "I loved Drell. I did. Just like I had when we were little. He used me, Axel." Jeremy sat and listened. I half expected him to be writing or taking notes. Instead, he poured himself some brandy. Poured me another shot of Hennessy and just listened. I cried while I described in detail what I had done. From me making love to him to the truth serum I had injected into Drell Spivey to get the truth from him. Axel is attracted to me. This I know. But he's determined not to let that deter him from doing his job. I dig that. He handles me and I'm okay with that. He finished his drink and got up and sat closer to me. We're face to face. "Okay Coyle, here's what you are going to do. You're my client. Let's be clear about that from jump. I will fight and give it my all for your defense. Whatever it takes. You know I'm good at what I do. But from this moment and moving forward, you do what I say. You dress the way I say. You talk and act in public the way I say. You don't speak to anybody unless I approve and you are to be where I allocate. Got it?" This man had done something to me. His orders didn't piss me off. No they caused me to want to surrender to him. I didn't speak. I nodded. "For starters, when at all possible I want your hair pulled back in a bun. The general public is gonna form opinions about you and so we want them to see you as a wholesome southern girl with southern traditions and values who also loves her badge. Your shoes need to be nice but boring. Anne Klein pumps. If you go with Steve Madden they should be taupe or black." He moved forward and wiped tears from my eyes. "We don't cry. No time for that. Inevitably you are not a victim. And the state of Texas nor the federal government will see you that way either. Today is the day you learn to control your emotions." He's right. I had to man up. He opened his briefcase and showed me the evidence they had on me. Mostly circumstantial. They had no proof that I had been in Drell's place. They had shell casings that would match a pistol of mine but they would have to find it. I had completely wiped that apartment down. I even took the condom we had used. I told all of this to Axel. I reckon criminal law was the best thing for this powerhouse that sat next to me. "We won't discuss strategy today. I don't want to overwhelm you. What I want you to focus on is what do you really wanna do for the rest of your life. Either you're a cop or a kingpin. You can't straddle both sides of the fence, Courtney. Either you'll be dead in five years from these streets or dead in two after they stick a needle in your arm. This is Texas, and they won't give a damn about how beautiful you are or the fact that you're a woman." I put my head down. He lifted it. "I'm here and I promised your father that I would go into this full throttle. He told me that you were the most important thing to him. Think about what's important." "So what now?" "Well, I want you to get your ass dressed. I got your sizes. Black slacks. White silk blouse. Black blazer. Anne Klein pumps. Pearl earrings. You need to look polished. We're going in to answer to that warrant and get you bail." Damn he had it all planned out. He went back out to his car to get my clothes. I decided to be childish. I undressed and got stark naked. I sat back on the bed with my drink. He knocked on the door and so I opened it. He stood there for a minute and just stared. "Courtney get dressed. I'll be waiting for you in the car." I walked up to Jeremy Axel Esq. close enough for my nipples to graze his chest. I licked my lips and told him thank you. He just looked at me. "You are poison, Coyle. Luckily for me I can read and understand the warning label." He moved a lock of hair from my face. "Now get dressed." I sashayed into the bathroom. I put on a black bra and panty set. Sprayed Forever Red into my cleavage locks between my legs and the balls of my feet. Stepped into the slacks. They had a silk lining in them. Axel had immaculate taste. I watched him watch me from the wingback chair in the room. I sprayed Mixed Chicks curl spray into my blonde locks and gently twisted them into a bun on top of my head. A few curly tendrils fanned my face. Put on red lipstick and pearl earrings. My Mattie Mae's cross around my neck. I couldn't help but think about LV and how I wished he was here. He bought me comfort like you wouldnt believe. "Just be ok Piggie." I smiled. I needed to call him. I got Axel's approval. I rode back with him in his car. He was listening to Maze featuring Frankie Beverly. He needed a laid back kind of girl. I threw my arms up. "Aye, what you know about this Axel!!!! This before your time." He smiled one of the sexiest smiles I had ever seen. I had loosened him up. I turned down the radio. "Axel, I appreciate you doing this for me. I gotta tell you. I was super uneasy about you handling my case. And if you hadda came here wrong. I was gone kill you." Did I have to say that? No I didn't but I needed to test Axel's guts. "Ten toes down Piggy. I say my prayers every nite and the fact that you didn't kill me is duly noted. Hey you into Earth, Wind and Fire?" I chuckle. Fact is Gangstas come from all walks of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment