Tuesday, February 22, 2011

At The End of the Day.....

I got into the Denali. Put the radio on 102.1. I heard the O'Jays singing Brandy. My eyes went misty. You see at the back of my mind I kept thinking about my Blahniks. They were still gone. I had a pair of  cobalt blue satin, four and a half inch vamped heeled Manolo Blahniks. Legendary is what they were. I would get them back and whoever had them would pay. I took out my cell phone and I called my mother. Belinda Ann Elliott-Coyle could always give me advice. "Mommy where are you?" "Courtney I am in Nordstrom's. They are having a shoe sale." "I'm on my way." "Not so fast little girl. I know you have purchased your max for the month, haven't you?" I didn't say anything. You see I was my mother's child. She had a shoe fetish like mine or should I say I had one like hers. "Yes ma'am I have but ... "But nothing Courtney Danielle. How are you doing?" "I'm good. How are you?" "I'm well. I saw Shannon Monet and she told me you all have business." Here we go with this. "Yeah mama, she's my boss." "Ok, Courtney. You do what you supposed to do. Shannon speaks highly of you. Don't let my sorror down." The thing is you couldn't tell my mother nothing about Shannon Monet. If she only knew. "Hey I see a cute pair of stilettos in here for you. I'll get them." "Mommy take a pic and send them to me." "Okay baby, I love you. Be careful." "I love you too mommy." I hung up. It was that dose of realness that I needed at times like this. I sent the same text to Dynastie and Mychelle. The message said ALBRO! I realized that in the last 72 hours I hadn't slept. I gotten high everyday but hadn't been to sleep. My body was craving it. I headed back to my queendom. Pulled in the driveway realized my door was ajar. I pulled my gun and counted to three 1,2,3....

No comments:

Post a Comment