Thursday, April 25, 2013

Piggy and Calamity Calandra

I swear C.C. ain't changed but then again why the hell would she? Walked up on my shit like she was Obama. Gave me some things to think about though. I've been doing alright. Reggie got sent up and I had to pick up the slack. My family was comfortable but we could be doing better. Fact is Courtney owned Houston. She had killed Ivory Albro and now she had all his money too. Reckon she a lil bit better than Albro because since he been out the picture we all been able to eat. Albro was greedy. Wonder what she done about that shoe habit of hers. I wonder if them chirren in bed yet? Better be. I swear my mama let em get away with murder. I guess that's what grannies are for. Right now I pretty much have Mo City sowed up. I mean what Reggie B ain't got cornered. It's crazy how years can separate people but circumstances put us rght back in the loop together. Here Piggy is a cop being tried for murder. She the underworld Queen. Reggie B on kingpin status. I hear Cookie is doing awesome things with her makeup business but now even she has picked up a side business laying bricks. Damn. I think I'll put some pork bones on tonight for tomorrow. Yeah cook em slow. I think I got some cabbage greens in there too. I don't know. I had to do what I had to do. Reggie had made us comfortable. I had lil Reggie. I was doing the collections thing and was good at it too. Had made it all the way to manager where I was training other people on how to get that money. United Recovery Systems was paying me a grip in salary and bonuses. One day Reggie was just like quit. So I did. I'm old fashioned I guess. I stand by my man. Mama always said you take care of a man that's working and providing. One and twenty years is what they gave Mr. Dearmon. I hate talking about it or even thinking about it really. I knew I had to do what I had to for my children. I needed them to know that Daddy and mama loves em. So I picked up where my old left off. Let me stop here in Sunny's and get me a few cigars. I go home I'm in for the night. This Suburban sho look familiar. It's been behind me since I turned onto 2234. My pistol in reach. That's where I keep it most times anyway. I know if they pull up in this Sunny's behind me I know they following me. "Baby, if a mf following you for more than five miles in Houston, they asses is up to no good." I hear Reggie clear as day saying that. And these assholes are pulling up behind me. Let me call Liv. "Where you at?" "I'm turning down Paiter St. On my way to my mama's house. Why?" "I got a situation." Liv hung up. Both driver side doors and passenger doors open up. Two older guys get out. Oh shit, its ______ wonder where the hell he been!? Surely Piggy knows he's home. I relaxed a little bit. Lately I was constantly feeling like somebody was after me. See Courtney had been following me for about two weeks. Little did she know I almost peeled her cap a couple times. With her leopard spotted ass. I gotta hand it to my friend though. She had a beautiful head full of blonde locks. She was in my face earlier and I wanted to touch em. Let me put this pistol back. I still feel funny though. Something ain't right. I look around and the only two cars in this here parking lot is mine and ______'s Suburban. I got dope in my trunk.Pistol on me off safety. "Bitch I know you got weight. Today aint your lucky day in the hood." Fuck! I"m being jacked. This nigga was by himself. "Nigga are you serious? You know who I am?" He looking around. "Bitch, I ain't tryna hear that shit. Open this muthafuckin trunk. Do it slow." I keep seeing my babies and how they need me to come home every night. Corner of my eye I see him slippin. I fire two shots center mass. He falls. I look down on him. He a baby. Maybe twenty. I'm not distracted by that. He would've killed me for less than what was in my trunk. All was quiet around me. Two cars flew past me on 2234. All lights went out off inside Sunnys. I pumped one more into him. Let me get my ass outta here. I hit the back side of Quail Run on my way to Hunters Glen. My phone rings. Unknown number. "Hello." "I saw what you did. Wait its cool. It was justified. You did what you had to do Boone. Its a pecking order that can't be crossed." "Where are you Piggy?" I hear her take a breath. "This my city. I love it and everything about it. Even the bottom feeders. Leverage Calandra." "Piggy, I'm in." "Call me tomorrow, we'll go shoe shopping." So now ain't no turning back. Shit! Still didn't stop and get nothing to make no cornbread with. Fondren and Main playing in my car. First Lady, you done jumped down now. Question is what though?

1 comment: