Wednesday, April 24, 2013

When the BOONE drops!!!!!!

She's calm. Thick. Curvy. Ain't tall as nothing. Reckon she stout like me. Maybe 5'4. Dressed in a wife beater. She had on Levis. They hugged that big butt of hers. Another horse. Tameika and I watched her yards away. One by one she stood out there on the court dumping shots into that basket. If she was a professional she'd definitely be point guard. Meika and I got out the car. I left my pistol in the car but Texas Tea stayed strapped. I had been watching Calandra for weeks now. She was modest. Paid but she wasn't flashy. She donated back to her hood. She made her money in real estate and dope. Took care of her children. Reggie D's ole lady. But hell he would spend the rest of his life in a federal penitentiary so she took over. I could smell weed as I got closer. I nodded to her entourage. One had his hand behind his back till he recognized me. Another approached me. "Wait a minute lady, Landra aint seeing no company right now!" I looked at him in his eye. He looked away. I wasn't armed but you see the rest of her calvary knew to get the fuck back. "Landra can see me." She looked up. Her facial expression didn't change. "Hold up man, this here Piggy. Get back! Piggy you aight?" I nodded at him. With my eyes on Calandra Boone, I hollered at Tameika Benford. "Easy Bae, its under control." Tameika put tht .50 back on safety. "This nigga, only you come up here and disturb me schoolin these out here." I laughed. "Girl, please you stil ain't got no game yo!" Calandra and I went back to high school. We never ran in the same circles but there was always a mutual respect. "We need to talk baby." She nodded. "Hey, I need to talk to Piggy. We need privacy." The court cleared. Tameika stayed and so did Liv. Liv was a bitch from another side of Ridgemont. She was loyal to Calandra. "Hear you into a lotta shit these days, King Piggy." "I'm doing alright. Tryna beat these murder charges." I grabbed the ball and dumped it. "Oh I heard and seen you on television. You looked good. Damn near had me convinced. What you want, Piggy?" I hit another one. "Boone, won't you jump down with the Embassy and stop small timing? Huh? Ain't you tired of this?" She laughs. Drinks Gatorade and laughs. "Coyle, you know Umma simple country girl. I just want my family taken care of and as long as we all fat and eating that's fine with me." I hit another basket. "Hey Tameika." Meika B just nodded. "Calandra, you jump down with me and you and your family can do more than just eat." "All due respect, Courtney, how I know that? Word is you on  your way to death row." I looked around Missouri City and I remember what this community used to be. Things had changed. Economy. Culture. Generation Gaps. It was crazy. I looked over at Calandra. There was a calmness about her that unnerved me. I got as close to her as I possibly could. "I don't have to lay out all the particulars right now do I? You see you owe me. It ain't been that long ago. You in business right now because of me Remember what I did?" Her face hardened. "Liv fall back!" "Tameika, wait for me by the car!" Both Meika and Liv left. "Bitch, I hear you loud and clear. Yeah you did help me out. Told you I owe you for that. But now you gone muscle me into your organization? You know that ain't how I operate." So here we are face to face toe to toe. I love this haircut on her. Boone has gorgeous bone structure. I bend down to tie her air force. Many of the women I knew were manic. "Boone, I'm not gone argue with you. I'm offering you opportunity. Take it." She stared me down. This heffa here hard headed which is why I felt the Embassy needed her. I hit one more bucket on her ass and walked away. "Hey Coyle?" "Yeah?" "Stop with all this Boone. It's Dearmon now." I turned around and she had a smile on her face more beautiful than the sun setting over the Astrodome. Some dudes across the street was playing Let Me Roll. I smiled listening to Brad Jordan knowing that now my circle was complete. So I got a text from my Captain. Katy's dead. Yeah I know. I'm knowing full well somehow I would have to answer questions about that too. It costs to be the boss I guess.

1 comment: