Thursday, April 18, 2013

TEN TOES DINE!!!!

"What in the hell was that, Axel? You made me look weak and foolish on live T.V.!!!" I'm pissed. He didn't even let me respond to those assholes. "I could've handled them. This is my city!" I can't even sit down. Tie loosened. Shirt sleeves pulled up. Feet up. He's calm. "I mean how I come back from this now!" He rubbed the bridge of his nose. "Courtney, you're going to lower your voice. Calm down. I told you, YOU do as I say. That's your problem. The public can't see you as no kingpin. A menance? Really that's what you want? Think about it. Half the public has already condemned you. I want you to take this in. If you don't listen to anything else I tell you know that there is a difference between fear and respect. You tripping." I relaxed a bit. Axel had a point. I mean he was calm but then again it wasn't his life that was on the line. I agreed to do exactly as Jeremy said. He had been doing this and he knew what to expect. We had spent the better part of six hours together. They set my bail at four hundred grand. Only because I was a cop. I paid forty grand and answered questions on where it had come from. I wondered if I was going have to surrender my badge. You see I love the Embassy but I loved that shield also. I had been through so much to get there. "Courtney, I told you that we need to soften your image. I look at you and I see vixen. I don't see remorse. I see reign. Thing is Houston isn't a kingdom. Its a municipal city. We don't have a monarchy here. Do you get that?" I turned to look at him. Handsome he was and he had to know that. I dug him intellectually though. We had talked about a wide range of things on that drive back from Galveston County. He asked me what I had done with the murder weapon. I giggled when he said that. Truth is I never went anywhere without that. I wasn't no dummy though so I gave him my service pistol. He knew the truth anyway. That attorney client priviledge wasn't something else. I was getting claustophobic. I texted Meika B to come and get me. I needed to get in the streets. I had stuff to do. "Axel, I'll be in touch. I gotta go." He raised an eyebrow at me. "No, Coyle I don't think that's a good idea. You're coming home with me." I raised an eyebrow back at him.  "Axel, this ain't what you want." I licked my lips. He chuckled. "I swear Houston ain't big enough for you and your ego Piggy. You're staying with me because its the only way I can keep an eye on you. You'll have your own guest bedroom and bathroom." I look at him. He was staring into my eyes. "I tell you what. Give me a key. I got some stuff I gotta do. I'll be in at a decent hour." He looked me up and down. "Don't get in any more trouble." I pouted a bit. Kissed his cheek and made sure I smeared my lipgloss across it. Axel didn't have a woman. He was married to his work. Workaholic. He obsessed over the law and loopholes. His assistant Trina, I couldn't stand but I had a feeling that she had a thing for her boss. She didn't think too much of me either. We would have our time I'm sure. Meika B said she was outside. I needed to take care of something. I needed to know that everybody in my circle was Team Piggy or the Embassy. I was going to send Meika B to test Reggie B only to really test her. I love Tameika. I think she live but I've put her into some shit she maybe didnt wanna be a part of. She been here ten toes down. I needed to be sure that she wanted to go all the way. Funny thing is I knew she felt the same way about me. I had to get out these clothes. I stripped out of these angry white women clothes. Gray wife beater tights black air maxs and a Houston Astros fitted. DSW pendant around my neck. I put Axel's key in my harness next to my .40. "Meika B, let's go." I put on Just Like Candy. Eightball and MJG. Threw my feet on her dash. She glared at me. There has got to be more to life than this. Mattie Mae is dying. My daddy is back but risking his life. My son barely get to see me. Meanwhile I got more money than the law allow. This chain heavy around my neck but I did the ultimate to get it. "When the last time you talked to L.V." I smile. "I need to see him today." At the end of the day I was gone have to trust Jeremy Axel Esq. No way around that.  I believed him when he said he could get me off. I giggle. I mean get me off this murder rap. I lay my head back while Meika drives through Houston. Close my eyes and think about when times were simpler. Would I trade all this and go back? I don't know. Did I care whether I lived or died? It didn't matter to me. I would be remembered. I'm assumig that's a problem I feel that way. I do. But I was true to whatever I did tho. TEN TOES DINE!

No comments:

Post a Comment