Thursday, April 11, 2013

Piggy's Keeper: Fine Texas Tea

Same ole Reggie. I needed to come see him on behalf of King Piggy and the Embassy. We knew each other from way back. Reggie B was cool. Straight forward and it had to be something about him because Courtney think the sun rise and shine on him.. Still he had to be handled with a certain kind of finesse. These were Piggy's exact instructions for me when dealing with Reggie B. Said he didn't mind a thorough woman but he was like most men only in the way of aestethics. You see you could be a gutter bitch but you need to appease his eye first. "Reggie B smell foolery a mile a away Meika B. Tight jeans. Sweet perfume. Lipgloss. These things won't cloud his judgement. They'll just tame him a lil bit." I laugh thinking about my friend. She definitely had a way with the opposite sex. I won't take that away from her. "Well ain't you gone let me in?" He eased the door open. Bent down a little and kissed my cheek. Modest digs for a nigga of his stature. It was clean though. Nice furniture. Impressive television and gaming system. Such a man. "What you doing here? Piggy sent you?" I watched him pour a drink. He sat it in front of me. "I don't drink cognac." He ignored me and sat the drink on a cocktail napkin. "Drink it in good health and be content," he barked. I did what I was told. "Why are you here? It ain't to reminisce." Piggy said he was about his business, didn't waste no time either. "Reggie, we need you. Piggy in a bind now. I'm sure you know this. She say you bout the only one in these streets she can trust right now." He rubbed his goatee. Sipped Hennessy and listened. "The Embassy and its business will go on. As normal. She got a big shipment coming in. We need to meet with connects. This connect is expecting a woman and I need you to play the part of my goon.." He chuckled. "What? Piggy said you was gone do it for her anyway." "Did she now? How would she know that if she ain't never ask me? You bitches crazy." I let that one slide. "Come on Reggie, we'll take care of you. Its a big pop and we need this to go smoothly. I just need you to ride with me. Make sure we come out on top. Courtney going through this court mess and she really need to be off the scene for a little bit. You understand that." He hit play on his bose stereo system and I immediately hear Milllie Jackson hollering. I smile. "Grown folks music, Reggie." He finish his drink and waits for me to finish mine. Ugh. I can't stand this shit but I swear Courtney consume it like it's water. He takes my glass. "Meika B, I tell you what, anything Piggy need me to do I'm with it. You didn't need to come over here and sell me though. But she knows me though. Tell her I appreciate her wanting to hold my hand. Ten toes down." I got up to leave. "Well bae, I'll be in touch." I kissed his cheek and then he wraps his arm around my waist. "You still married, Meika?" I bite my lip and in true Piggy fashion, "Yeah but it ain't like you care one way or the other." I winked. He pat my backside and walked me to the door. I know she been playing with the buttons on my car radio. LV says she does that when you leave her alone in your car. She's on the phone. "Hey bae. Oh yeah? When? Uh huh. What she say? What she wanted? Right. Well its cool. Naw. That's what we need. I need you to be there for her. Uh huh. She a little nervous about it so I figured  you would handle it for me. Ok. I'll get at you later about it." I applied more lipgloss. Where the hell did I put my shades. "Meika B, I can trust him." "Damn Piggy, he didn't wait till I got out the door good fore he called you." She smiled. "He thorough." "Where to next?" "Let's see Walton. I need to put my eyes on him." She put on shades and laid her seat all the way back. I knew Piggy better than most but my friend was still a mystery to me. I'm watching this game consume her. Yet and still I didn't mind being Piggy's keeper just needed to be sure that Piggy was Texas Tea's keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment