Wednesday, July 13, 2011

If You're Nobody Until You Die then Piggy Won't Ever be Shit!

I saw to my guests well into the night. We drank and ate and made merry. Each one of the women in my Embassy had something unmistakably unique to offer. Best believe I would take full advantage of that. It was almost two in the morning when Texas Tea, being the last to leave, was safely in her car. I closed and locked the door. Made sure my queendom was secure. It had been a minute since I had laid my head down in my house. It was hard for me here since my Blahniks had went missing. I would get them back and I would collect the head of whoever took them. I tugged on a pair of boyshorts and wife beater. Washed my face and tied a silk scarf on my locks. Called 50 to check on him and my son. "Red, what you know good?" I smiled. Always glad to hear his voice. It was like the feel of chocolate and silk combined. "A lot, Blackie. How is Cobee?" " He good mama. We spent most of the day together. I gotta give it to us. We did good with him." "I know bae, hell we still doing good." He chuckled. "I know he probably sleep. He was on my mind though." "Yeah Red, he outta there. How you doing? You aight?" Here we go. I've known and loved Brian Wright for the better part of fifteen years. I knew when he was leading. "Won't you come out and ask me what you really want to know Blackie?" He laughed again. "Okay, so it's true. You're the man now huh?" "Yes, I am." "Baby mama, you be careful. It's rough out there." That came from a deep and honest place. I realized then that no matter what, our relationship status, time, life or whatever, I would love this nigga forever! "I gotcha Baby daddy. Houston is now mine and it'll one day belong to Cobee." I heard him blow what was probably hydrobubonic smoke. He coughed. Laughed. "Nigga, you ain't cold." "I know I ain't cold nigga. I'm Coyle." We burst into a fit of laughter. 50 was one of the few people I considered family and a friend. He listened when I needed him to. It took a long time for me to get over him but then I realized that maybe I was supposed to be his Bottom and the most important role that I could play for him would be Cobee's mother. I was content in doing just that. Was I still in love with him? Yeah. I was smart though. If we were meant to be than we would. No other questions. "Want you to have dinner with me sometime this week, Red." "You got it Blackie. Kiss Cobee  for me. I'm layin it down. I love you." He paused. "I know you do, Red." The line was disconnected. I turned the television on. A commercial for Courtney Got Something to Say comes on. I shook my head. That damn Courtney Coyle always tryna get somebody to read her blog about that crazy ass Piggy. I quickly changed the channel. Nothing was on. Kill Bill Vol. 1 was on FX. I thought to myself that those hoes had nothing on my embassy. I watched the movie until I dozed off. I woke up at around nine a.m. I knew that my behavior was borderline self destructive. Today I would go into the office and work my job of being a cop. I dressed in black slacks, white men's button down, Sean John silver tie. Silver Lou Bou five inch pumps. My DSW pendant would stay at home. I ran my hand through my locks. Sprayed them with misting spray and Cashmere. I took a look at myself long and hard in the mirror. I looked just like my mama. Speaking of such I needed to call her today. I lined my eyes with black liner and put on clear lip gloss. Headed to the compound. I went through Pandora to find something to listen to in the car. Came across Voyage to Atlantis. You know the one by Ron and nem Isley. It helped me get through traffic a bit. Fuck, I needed some coffee. As I pulled in the compound, I thought about what my day would entail. I grabbed my bag and my pistol. Made sure I had my badge also. When I got to my department shit was crazy as usual. We had a task force meeting before anything and as usual I was late. Fairfield was gone chew my ass out. I went into the conference room and sat next to Anderson. She turned in whispered, "You know Fairfield gone have you for lunch." I nodded my head. On the board today there was a picture of Dynastie. It didn't affect me like it should. I looked around to gauge everybody else's expression. Stoic. Maybe it was just me. "Look here, Dynastie Ellington, local hair dresser has been reported missing. Normally we don't do missing persons, but we have reason to believe that she's been murdered." I raised my hand to interrupt. "Um Capt, why do you believe that she was murdered?" He gave me a dirty look. He always wanted us to wait until he called for questions but shit he knew I was the problem child. "Piggy, she's been missing for a week. Also we searched her home and seized dope and shoes that was taken from Gitto's warehouse." Damn. Shit was getting sloppy. I made a mental note to call an emergency powwow with my embassy. I let him go on but to be honest, I was no longer interested in this meeting. I excused myself into the hallway. I sent Tameika, Alicia, Mychelle, Michelle and Chad Blair texts that read, Meeting. I called Mike Walker and he assured me that Dynastie's body would never be recovered. I knew better than to question that you just never know. By this time everyone had come out of the meeting. Ragging on me because they all knew Fairfield was gone give me the business. Capt called me into his office. "What's up bae?" His face turned red. "Piggy, I told you to stop calling me that. I hate it." I knew he did too. "What's going on?" He threw a stack of papers on his desk toward me. "You want to tell me why your cell and radio number is on the outgoing and incoming calls on this missing woman's phone? How do you know Dynastie?" My heart dropped to my stomach. I was still cool on the outside. "She does my hair Capt. I was gone tell you that when the meeting was over." He nodded his head. "All I know is that we're investigating Gitto's murder and this is the second thing that YOU could possibly be linked to. I don't like it. Keep your nose clean, Coyle!" His phone rang. "Get outta my office." I gladly did so. Yeah, I needed to take care of some shit. I had plans and sitting in a Texas penitentiary was not one of them. I headed back out to my car and she was waiting on me. Beautiful as the sunrise but poisonous as arsenic. "Yulonda, what do you want?" She removed her shades. "I want in." I looked around the compound. I may have to kill her and I didn't need any witnesses. "Get in." I figured we could talk. I hadn't yet figured out how I would use Yulonda. But she was determined to get at me. I had to respect that. I turned down the radio. "I'm listening....I started shaking. It was about time for another fix. Old habits die hard but this shoe shit had to be contained. Yulonda looked at me. There was a sadness and warmth in her eyes. "You got some shoes in here." I nodded. Pointed to the back seat. She helped me roll my sleeves up and she placed the Chinese Laundry shoe on my pulsing vein. Life is a bitch and I was gone be that bitch but with awesome footwear.

No comments:

Post a Comment