Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Piggy is KING!!!


If I DIE tonite...Lord you know my heart. Yes, I've turned in the wrong direction but it is important I leave a legacy for my piglet. Damn, the jarhead has said all the right things tonight. I mean how did we go from dinner to dancing to the Gap Band, cake and then cognac to now about to light my subdivision up. He spotted them first. I'm panicking because this is not a good look. I realized that since I took the crown from Albro, this would be my life. There was no telling who sent these motherfuckers after me but one thing for sure, David Brewer didn't ask any questions. He grabbed his heat and my hand and we crossed the street. I kept a pair of Nike's in their box behind a potted plant. Never knew when I had to get down. I slipped them on. David shook his head. "I knew it was something about you." My door had been kicked in and I could hear em talking. "Fuck, she ain't here. Nobody is. She got this motherfucker laid, I see." "What the hell we gone tell Tosha? She gone be hotter than fish grease." "Shit, I know. She say she want a lock of her hair. Man Tosha on some sick fly shit." Tosha? Tosha? Wasn't ringing a bell. Why the hell she want a lock of my hair? Obviously she didn't know who I was. She get a lock of my hair best believe her ass was going with it. They were standing in my foyer. The other dudes had to be walking around upstairs. "Come on y'all lets go." I hear shuffling around. I decided it was now or never. I ease my door open with David literally on my ass. I have a Mahogany wood Hall tree I got when Brian and I married. Inside the drawer of it, I kept another .40. I laid my .25 down and grabbed it. I made sure they heard me when the hammer went back. Goon number one faced me and I fired one in him center mass. David hit another one standing on the landing of my stairs. The two in my living room had expected me but I pop one between the eyes and the other in his chest. It would be hell to get this blood outta my wood floors. There was another goon still hooded on the floor behind my sofa. He was still alive but barely. He was hit in the shoulder and chest. I pulled his mask off. Wasn't familiar. "Who sent you?" He was ragged. "To-Tosha Wilson." "Why?" "You into her territory. She was feuding with Albro before you took over. We sposed to get a lock of your hair." He was telling the truth. He dying and he know it. I search and I find a cell phone. "Get her on the phone." He tried to struggle but I stuck the hot ass barrel of that .40 right into the open wound of his chest. I watched him howl in agony. "Call her." He pressed one number. "Is it done?" I grabbed the phone. "Hey Tosha. It's Piggy." Stone Silence. "I know you still here so I'll say this. You signed your death warrant when you sent these motherfuckers to my house. Who is this nigga to you?" "Piggy, that's my lil brother. We can talk about this?" I laughed. I turned to him. "What kind of person you think I am?" He sighed a big sigh of relief. "Thank you. That's whats up." "No motherfucker, you thank your big sister, Tosha." I blew his brains out. I heard her screaming on the other end. "Shut the fuck up bitch. You did this. Now you tell your camp and everybody else crazy enough to try me. I AM KING!!!" I hung the phone up. David Brewer stood in my home in disbelief. Mattie Mae arrived with coffee and teacakes. "Baby, should I call Mike Walker?" I nodded. I looked around at the death and mayhem in my home. Was all this worth it? For right now, yes. But what if my piglet hadda been home? I waited on David Brewer to speak. He didn't. Apart of me needed him to say something. He walked up to me and embraced me. That was answer enough. Mike Walker called me. "Lil one, I'm on my way. How many does?" "Five." "Is it a vehicle too?" "Yeah." "I'm on my way." I rubbed my neck and felt the cross that Mattie Mae had put around my neck. Once again I felt like it had given me strength. For some odd reason, I wanted to hear Sam Cooke. I went to my stereo and pressed play. I turned it up because I didn't wanna talk to anybody. I fixed myself some brandy. Put my feet up in Nike hightops onto my coffee table while a dead man cerebrum leaked on the floor next to me. I smelled gunpowder and Polo cologne. Community coffee and carnage. Jasmine Vanilla and Black and Mild smoke. I was numb. I didn't feel anything. I watched David Brewer watch me. Helluva first date, I know. After all this the one thing that brought tears to me that night was the feeling of Mattie Mae's warm hands alongside my face. "I love you, kiddo. Nothing you can do about it either.'

No comments:

Post a Comment