Monday, May 21, 2012

What happens when Piggy Cries....

Yeah, I was a cold hearted bitch. Wasn't no love. Did I feel bad about killing her little brother? Not even a lil bit. He had violated my home. She was responsible for his death. I had gathered all of the others cell phones. I knew she would call. No way her little brother would be offed and she not wanna know who and how'd it happen. I knew more than that about her. I smashed all four of the cellular devices. I'm sitting now across from my transplanted grandmother. Mattie Mae Hayes is one of the most beautiful women I knew. She had long silvery hair and butterscotch skin. She still kept her eyebrows meticulously arched and I couldn't help but wonder about the wrinkles on her face. She was every bit of seventy five. She could pass for sixty. I know that I was responsible for at least two of those wrinkles. I watched her. She sipped Community coffee and worried about me. "Chile, what have you gotten yourself into, yeah." I didn't answer. I got down on the floor on my knees and I laid my head into her lap. She rubbed my face and chanted a prayer to me in French. Mon Dieu, j'adore cette fille ouais. Vielle sur elle. Continuer a montrer sa misericorde! Dear God, I love this girl. Watch over her! Continue to show her mercy. She continued to stroke my face. Warm tears streamed my face. I watched as Mike Walker and his crew strolled through my kitchen with large garbage bags. They were there to clean up the mess I had made. Mike Walker ordered his men with a professionalism you couldn't ignore. He was bonded. "Hey, y'all be careful. Lil one got a lotta nice shit in here. Anything get broke you'll be frying fish tomorrow." I don't know when David left. I just looked up and I didn't see him. I know this was a lot to bring somebody into. I could smell Fabuloso now. I watched them drag all five of the dead men out one by one. Mike Walker stood by my back door coffee cup in hand. With his back to me, he asked, "Are you happy, Courtney?" I didn't answer. I thought. Mattie Mae continued to rub my face and my hair. "You see you doing your thing now I see. You on top. But ARE you HAPPY? I did all this. Niggas like me and your daddy we ran Houston until she had no choice but to love and hate us. I was there that day they pulled Smitty outta that limosine. Nigga had two million dollars in there with him. Cory Blount got the game from us and went left. But you lady. You different. I want you to really think about what make you happy. You got a baby who need you more than these streets." He then walked over and kissed my forehead. Mattie Mae dropped him three stacks. Mike Walker was gone just like that. Moments had passed and I heard Mattie Mae call me. She had made up my bed and pulled the sheets back. "Come on chile, you need sleep." I didn't have the energy to fight her. She handed me a pill. I took it. Washed it down with orange juice. I fell asleep to the radio on my nightstand playing Anthony Hamilton. I slept and I didn't dream....

No comments:

Post a Comment