Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Piggy and the Jarhead

Here we go. I tell you, the FBI needs to step their game up. I mean I knew these mf's was tailing me the minute I walked out the store. Now here we are in the Galleria, but not here. I know that Texas Tea is close by. Wonder do she know these Gmen? No more of them need to die but....Let me call her. "They're behind you Piggy." "Yeah I know. Where you at?" "I'm up top behind you. I'm tailing them. What you wanna do?" My nigga. She stay ready. "Hey these are federal agents, Meika B. We cool. We ain't did nothing wrong. I'm headed to my car. I'll call you back in fifteen minutes. I don't call in that time. You know what to do." She hung up. I stopped to take a drink from the water fountain. The Gmen tried to pretend that they were looking at something in a shop window. Yep. They were definitely after me. Instinct put me in survival mode. I wanna put on a pair of fabulous shoes and run or even worse KILL. The reality of the situation was that I was in a very public place and there would be no explaining this. You see I had to stop being selfish. I had other people depending on me. I think about my piglet. Mattie Mae. My mother. My twin brother. My Embassy. I stop and set my bags down on a table. Pull a compact out my back pocket. Apply one coat of Pink Meringue Mac Lipglass. When I stop, so do they. I blot my lips and fluff my blonde locks. I nod at them both. Pick my bags back up and for some reason they don't continue chase. I dialed Meika B back and say one word. Good. Throw my purchases in the back seat and all I could think of was the handsome Lieutenant from the Mississippi Delta and the Jarhead who made me blush. Lt. Thompson had a way about himself. I didn't trust him far as I could throw him but I'm sure he felt the same way about me. I wanted his hands to be just as dirty as mine in this. Still I thought he'd be an asset to me and the Embassy. David Brewer was something different. I can't just jump back into something. Hell, I'd thought Drell was the one. See how great that turned out. Still there was something that felt right about the jarhead. Damn, where has the day gone? Its damn near six. I head home. Time to prepare for my date. I run a tub of water. Fill it with jasmine and lavender oil. I tie my locks up with a scrunchie. I set my pistol on top of a towel. Its crazy because I'm trying to remember the times where I didn't need that. I can't. Oh God, this water feels great. I hear Pandora click on and then Lattimore's Let's Straighten it Out comes on. What the fuck was that? I hear something. Wet and naked as the day I was born, I grab my pistol and I creep back out the bathroom.  Stand at the landing. "Who the fuck is that?" No answer. I flip on every light in the house. "Who the fuck is here?!" "I know this your house but you better respect me and cut out all that damn cussing!" I exhaled a sigh of relief. It was Mattie Mae. "Sorry Mattie Mae." "And where are your clothes? I came to bring you this German Chocolate cake. I made one for you and Boy. Y'all got y'all own cake." I walk back into my bathroom. Ease back into the water. I had almost shot my grandmother. I hear her hollering up at me saying she had brought me a jar of pig lips. I love me some Mattie Mae. I decided I would wear a form fitting red Maxi dress. Six inch red open toed pumps. Matching clutch. He said dinner at his place. A little fancy but why not. Its my birthday. Gold eyeshadow. Black liner. Gold lips. I sprayed Halo all over my body. For some reason I felt like I needed to wear my garter holster. I put it on and slipped a .25 automatic into it. I fantasize about days when I wouldn't need guns. I grabbed my clutch. Mattie Mae had already went back home. Decided I would take my cake over to David's. I grabbed a bottle of champagne. I locked my queendom and sashayed my way across the street. Just as clear as day I saw them in an unmarked Crown Vic. I shake my head. Ring the doorbell. When he opened the door I smell Ralph Lauren Polo and Rosemary. He had been cooking up a storm. "Hey lady, you look great." That simple compliment made me jump on him. I planted kisses all over his face. I could feel his hands on my ass and thighs as he held me with my legs wrapped around his waist. "Courtney. Courtney!" That brought me outta my daze. "You alright?" I smiled. "Yeah I'm cool. It's just been a long day that's all." "Well I hope you're hungry. Come on in." Here we go. Happy Birthday Courtney. Remember you are celibate. No sex. You'll sit down and enjoy his company. Have some cake and champagne and then carry your ass home! Yeah we'll see how this works out!

No comments:

Post a Comment