Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Mike Walker and _______ :Piggys Daddy

The baby will be here any day now. Truth be told, I'm ecstatic like its my first one. I look at Torie and she beautiful to me in a different way everytime I see her. Shit, a lotta people can't believe she changed me. Really though, I had just got tired of being out there in these streets nonstop. Torie told me she was pregnant, it did it for me. I gave it all up. I married her and vowed that I would put nobody else before her. I meant that. Oh sure there was the occasional raggedy bitch out there but nothing was more important than my family. Ain't nothing on the news. They talking about the crime rate. Little do they know that one of Houston's finest is behind most of it. King Piggy. I can't be mad at her. She handling her business. I give her that and she was keeping me in business as well. The bodies is piling up. I knew it would be a blood bath after she survived that bombing. It had to be this way. I just hope she take my advice. Torie and her mama went shopping. The kids are with my sister. So I'm relaxing. Aint home by myself much at all. Figured I'd watch what I want on TV. Pay some bills. Finally check Courtney Got Something to Say out. They say this blog off the chain. What the hell is that? Somebody got they damn hand over the peephole. "Who is it?" They don't say nothing. My baby is next to the door. I pull the hammer back and ease the door open. I'm looking at a ghost. Shit he look like an old man now. We the same age. Heavy drinking. Black Stacy Adams. Black linen suit. One gold hoop in his right ear. My partner in crime was back. _______. "You look shocked to see me, Mike Walker." I laid my pistol down but slowly. I missed this nigga but the truth was I hadnt seen him in years. Didn't know where his head was. We embraced. "Man, where the hell you been? You know it ain't safe in Houston for you." He rolled his eyes. The same eyes his red daughter was using to reign over the city we once controlled. "Mike Walker, this my home. Nothing or nobody keeping me away from it again. Well nigga, is you gone invite me in? Where's the old lady and the babies?" Something pulled at my gut. It wasn't like I didn't trust _____. Not that at all. But you see a man's home is sacred. You protective over it no matter what. We looked in each other's eyes. He put his hands up. "Respect, brother. Respect." I relaxed. "You wanna drink?" He smiled. "Sure. Crown Royal." "Just a splash of Coke baby." We both had to laugh at that. Same old ______. "So how long  you been back?" I sip Crown and it dont even burn no more. Been drinking this poison for a while. Still I dont drink it like I used to. He looks around my house. "Mike Walker the family man, huh? I dig it." He shakes his glass and I hear the ice cubes clinkle and the second hand ticking from my grandfather clock. "Is it true, Mike Walker? All this stuff I'm hearing about my baby. Is it true?" I looked my friend of more than thirty years in the eyes. For the first time ever, I saw fear in his eyes. "Yeah man. Its worse. Courtney eyes are as black and cold as ours. She running this city bro." He downed the rest of his drink. "I never wanted this shit for her Mike Walker. This ain't for her." I felt him. No man wants a life like this for any of his kids let alone his only daughter. "You ain't seen her. You don't know then. C.C. in a lot of stuff bro. Remember she still got that badge too. But lil one got it. You need to put your eyes on her yourself. Talk to her." He stands up. I walk him to the door. "Mike Walker, was it worth it?" I looked around my home. Didnt hesitate. "______ best thing I've ever did." He smiled and left. He hopped in an Aston Martin. Black on black everything. I heard So Fly coming out of the stereo. Same old ______. Houston, what the hell are you going to do, now that there is two of em loose. Piggy and her old man.

No comments:

Post a Comment