Thursday, November 15, 2012

_______ Learns the Truth about Trouble

Courtney would always be my little girl. I could tell how excited she was to hear from me. All this she doing has got my nerves bad though. My little girl is running Houston's underworld. I went to see Mike Walker the other day. Can't believe it but my boy is a new man. Straight family oriented. Hell I remember when we ran these streets together. I wasn't mad at him though. If you could get out this game with your hands somewhat clean then I say do it. That's why I did not want this for my little girl. She in over her head, I bet. But then again Mike Walker said she was handling herself. Wonder what her mama think about it? I missed Linda like you wouldn't believe. She was a helluva woman. I wanted Courtney to get the very best of her mother and the very least of me. Things happen I reckon. I've been in Cuba the last six years. No complaints. I live good. Castro takes care of niggas over there all cause he hate the United States. Time and looking over your shoulder will change a man. The only thing brought me back to Houston was that telegram I received from Blair months back. He said that Trouble had killed Ivory Albro and was running Houston. Didn't believe it at first. Now my buddy Mike Walker had confirmed it. This wasn't for her. Not my baby girl. The Doubletree is still nice. I ordered a bottle of Brandy and had it sent up here to my room. Couldn't risk being seen down in the lobby. Still don't feel like its been long enough. I love this city. But I wouldn't die for it nor spend the rest of my natural life in jail for it either. Courtney Danielle Coyle needed to understand this as well. I mean she had a career. I didn't approve initially when she told me she was going to the academy. I didn't mind much when her brother decided that he would. Its different with your girls though. I needed to put my eyes on her. I didn't want to rush it. Had to be at the right time. There was so much I had to ask her. I'm hearing she done popped a federal agent. God I hope that's not true. Been in cahoots with Shannon Monet. That dirty bitch. When I heard they had bombed her car and that she was dead that nearly killed me. Truth be told Trouble had nine lives I guess. Just like her old man. Just knowing the shit I put her and all her other brothers and sisters through, it baffles me why she wanna put my grandson through it. I been getting pictures of him. He sharp. Her belly was swollen with him when I left. Never met him. I hear tell she name him Courtney. My Trouble got a junior. How about that? I wonder where this nigga Thompson is? Something about him don't rub me good either. He said he had some information for me. He seemed alright but years in these streets has taught me that ain't nobody alright. He said he would call when he was headed up here. Its okay. This .357 magnum ain't never let me down. This pistol I've had as long as I've had Trouble. My phone ringing. Where the hell did I put it? My old buddy from the left coast, Henry Hamilton. "Hamilton, what's shaking?" "Nothing old man, calling to see you if you had made it there ok." Hamilton I met back in the feds. He was a slick talking freckled face cat from California. Always talking about us country boys down South. I told him he had better have something to stand behind all that mouth of his. Turn out he did. He was a boss in his neck of the woods and had gotten caught up across state lines. That's how he ended up in Leavensworth with my ass. "You still need that issue ______?" "Yeah, when can I expect it?" "Tuesday." That bastard hung the phone up on me. Thorough. Shit we know better than to keep up too much convo on these cell phones. One day them youngstas gone learn. Still thinking about whether or not I'm gone call Belinda. I know I'm probably the last person she wanna see. I put her through it. This Pandora shit is cool though. Listen to me some Tyrone Davis. This was it back in the day. Oh this Thompson calling now. "Come on up man. I know you by yourself right." "Yeah." He an old country Mississippi nigga. Talk just like my wife people. That's him knocking. Grab my pistol. He standing here. Slacks. Shirt. Loose tie. HPD badge. Just like the one my Trouble got. I figure I wouldn't spend my life behind bars for nothing and noone but my kids. Turn myself in and then Trouble will see she got other things to live for. I figure Thompson could help me do that. "_______ I can't be apart of this." I took a swig of Brandy. "What the hell you talking about?" He chuckled. "I work for C.C. She'd tear up Harris County if she knew I was responsible for turning you in and I didn't talk to her first." What? Trouble doing it like this? My little girl handling Houston like this? This grown ass man. Lieutenant. He standing there telling me he wouldn't go against my little girl. I poured him a drink. "I don't know where C.C. come from. Well she yours. She single handedly has taken over. They on to her but then so far from her." I didn't know if I should worry or be proud. There ain't nothing you can do with a woman like Courtney Coyle but love her!!! My baby...Houston what you gone do?

No comments:

Post a Comment