Monday, November 5, 2012

Gatlin Goes Against the Grain: Piggy's Poison

So the time has come. I see her up close and personal. The freaky way we've communicated the past several months is crazy. This time I see the horse up close. My commander called me and said no more waiting. It was time. I gotta admit, that I'm apprehensive about taking her in. This one here is beautiful but according to these files I have, she's also a piece of work. Its her eyes though. They're dark. Mysterious. Warm. Cold. Loving. Deadly. They're all these things in one. "There's nobody here at her place, Gatlin." I rub my head. I didn't see her car and I knew that her grandmother lived right next door. "Let's go next door then. Proceed with caution. Do not be distracted by the fact that she's a woman or that she's law enforcement. This bitch will tear into you." I had three agents at the front door and four at the back. I wouldn't dare walk into chicken coop without turpentine. My daddy said that where there was chickens there would always be a chicken snake. This chicken snake was 5'2 and blonde. Lord help us. The door opened and she was dressed in an oversized Tshirt. No bra. Barefoot. Pretty toes. Her blonde locks hung down soft around her shoulders. Her face was tear streaked. Her shield hung from her fingers. "What is this about?" "Sergeant Courtney Coyle, you're under arrest." I blanked the rest outta my mind because for the first time I saw an innocence in her I didn't know existed. She didn't fight. She looked up at me and my heart broke. The officer was still rattling off charges when I halted everything. I was going completely against everything I knew. "Porter, everybody stand down!" He had cuffs around one of her beautiful wrists. I took it from my officer. "I got this." My agents were baffled. I could not be apart of taking Courtney Coyle in. "What are you doing, Michael?" I looked at her. She knew my name. "Yeah I know all about you like you know all about me." She looked at me and I swear I was changed. I whispered in her ear. "If I do this my career is over, Piggy." She bit her bottom lip and thought. "You like to gamble?" I didn't say anything. "I'm worth it." She caused that part of me to swell. Eve nearly destroyed sanctity for Adam. Reckon he never regretted it though. I again ordered my men to stand down. "Gatlin, they're going to have your ass and badge for this!" Porter was right. But this little Piggy I wanted to save. When I took the cuffs off her she slid her soft hand in mine. "Gatlin, call your dogs off and come on here and have breakfast." It was a command not a request. I was more than happy to oblige. I hear my cell phone ringing. Its my department head. All I could think about was grits and eggs and what was up under tht pink nightshirt. She closed the door behind us to a yard full of federal agents. I didn't even look back. Was this the Big Payback, James Brown? Nothing mattered besides this horse I was trailing.

No comments:

Post a Comment