Wednesday, November 28, 2012

LoVe and Chinese Laundry

She looks good even on T.V. First degree murder of a federal agent?! Damn Piggie. I didn't know how far gone she was. Then again it always more than one side to a story. They say they have rounded up her whole team. Wonder where she is? I wanna call her. Piggie is my friend but I swear she pull on the strings of my heart. My missus don't understand our relationship. Hell I wanted Piggie to tell her she was gay. It'd make my life a helluva lot easier. She was in trouble and I felt a lil helpless at this point. I'm watching my baby sleep. I love this little girl like you wouldn't believe and I'd give my life today if I knew that it would guarantee her the world. They doing a whole spread on her on channel 13. Damn, she not answering me. I text her. Call me succa. I had made plans for my Piggie. She needed my help on the finance end of her businessess and I would be there for her. I had no idea this was what she was facing also. I play back our last conversation. "The nightmares wont stop bae." "Piggie that's why you got to take your sessions seriously. Are you saying your prayers?" She got quiet. Didn't say anything. Me and Piggie was similar in many ways. She could be quiet and say nothing to me but yet she has said it all. I interpret and understand her silence and she is a sounding board for my madness. Text message. Bae, um good. I felt a lil better. I swear its crazy having a narcissistic shoe addicted cop for a best friend. I knew she could handle herself but it never stopped me from worrying about her. _____ was definitely back. I'm still tryna figure out what that really meant for Houston. I needed to see her. Find out if she had heard from him. I knew how she was about her daddy. She talk him about like he a mythical figure. Hope my little girl feel the same way about me one day. Who is this knocking on my door like this. Unmarked Crown Victoria huh. Police. "Levon Walton?" I nod my head. "FBI. We have some questions regarding Sgt. Courtney Coyle. May we come in?" Here we go. "To be honest, I prefer if we stay here." I closed my door and step outside on the front porch. "I'm agent Michael Gatlin. I understand that you and Coyle are rather close." I already didn't like this mf. He was smug and arrogant. He didn't fit the normal description of an FBI agent to begin with. Too flashy. "Yeah, Piggie and I are very good friends. Why is that the concern of the FBI?" He looked away and laughed a bit. Yeah whatever you think you gone get from me, it ain't happening. My love thick for Piggie and Piggie's love thick for me. "Mr. Walton, you won't be doing her a favor by withholding any information from us. She will be caught. She's accused of killing a federal agent." "Gatlin? That's what you said your name is. I tell you what. Since she will be caught, you don't need any information from me." Smug S.O.B. He laid his card on my porch railing. "If you can think of anything then call me." I snorted. Yeah wait on that. I watch him get in his car and drive away. They drove right past her. Piggie was my bitch. I say that because no matter what other man she belonged to, she would always belong to me. No matter what. We were friends for real. Hard to explain our relationship. No titles. She was plain jane today but that was alright with me. I saw her car parked down the way. She picked up his business card. "Gatlin something else. Well damn nigga, you ain't glad to see your best friend?" On tip toes she kissed my lips. "Come on here girl before somebody see you." I wiped her lipgloss from my lips and patted her ass as I followed her into my home. It was just me and baby girl here. My old lady was at work and I was tryna get out myself. She sat down shaking. I knew what this was about. "Piggie, my G, you need to handle this." "Bae, umma be sick. I need something. In my bag is a Chinese Laundry sandal. Get it for me." This habit of hers had gotten worse. I made her go into the guest room. I checked on baby girl and she was sleeping. I watched Courtney roll the sleeve of her shirt up. She tied a shoestring above her vein. Laid the sandal on it. Head back. My friend had a problem. I went into the bathroom and got her some tissue. She blew her nose. I held her while the shaking calmed. "It wasn't always like this LV." "Just be cool hunnie bunnie." We both burst out laughing. I heard her phone ring and Brandy's I wanna be down came on. I shake my head. She don't answer it. "I gotta go LoVe." "You straight?" She nodd her head. She get up like its gametime. Resillent. I give her that. She was just shaking a minute ago. Now she was back in beast mode. "I'm on my way to Meika B's. I needed to come see you. I'm selfish. Don't want you involved in this. But I had to come see you." She knew Gatlin had been by but she didn't even need to ask me if I had gave up any info. She know me. She hugged my neck and kissed my cheek. I watched her leave. Piggie was like no other woman I knew. She drove me crazy with her childish antics. She was dangerous. Her eyes was cold but what you saw is what you got. I had to respect that. She thought I was the livest thing walking. She would love me forever. That's the text I got from her. I just hoped this wouldn't be the last time I saw her. I wanted to and was glad I was down with Piggie. She drove off and now I'm tryna figure out where I was going to take my best girl to on a date. The park to play or Chuck E. Cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment