Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Piggy Defines Friend

I was at Shannon Monet's twenty minutes after she called me. I was excited at the thought of the red shoe being mine. I pulled into the circular driveway behind Monet's Maserati. There was a also a red Jaguar XJ-220 in the driveway. She had company. The maid greeted me at the door. "Monet is expecting me." She nodded and then pulled out a walkie talkie and announced me. I watched Monet gracefully come down her spiral staircase. She had on a gold kimono lounge set with matching gold Betsy Johnson caribou slippers. "CC we going into my study. Haley, we are going to have Havannas and Hennessey in the study. Bring that Pecan Pie also." "As you wish, Monet." I thought I detected a slight scowl on the maid's face. Wondered how well she treated her waitstaff. We went into the study and I sat down. On the table was the Manolo Blahnik box. I reached over to open it and Shannon swiftly popped my hand. "Down Piggy, we got business first. These shoes are contingent on my offer to you today. I got somebody I want you to meet." The study doors open and in she walked. I needed no introductions to this raven beauty. 5'7 dark skinned curvaceous and the deadliest woman I knew with a .44. She had on black True Religion jeans. A magenta silk halter top that looked wonderful on her mahogany skin. Black Chinese Laundry pumps. "Meika B,wth how you been?" She smiled. "Piggy baby, been a long time." You see I had known Tameika for years. I respected her because she had survived some insurmountable things and this heffa always looked flawless. She had introduced me to my son's father. I had heard she was in a tight spot. Something about a felony dope conviction. Ms. Benford had a heart of gold but much like me and all the women in my circle she did what she had to do. Monet looked at us both. She looked pleased. Hayley bought in the pecan pie and china saucers. "Ladies, Shannon Monet has saw to it that the finest Havana cigar be selected for you. Cohiba?" Sometimes Monet's level of class never ceased to amaze me. Her maid was offering me a $500 illegal Cuban cigar. I knew better than to refuse. "Thank you, Hayley." She cut the filter for me and lit it. I inhaled and my chest burned a little but I couldn't ignore its great taste. "Piggy, I know you got this planned out. You got a squad and you know what you doing." I nodded wondering where this was going. "You said you probably need two more people. I found one of them. Meika B is what you need." I looked back and forth from the two beautiful women who stood before me. While I knew Tameika was a beast, it had to be about trust. I looked at her and her eyes told me she knew what I was thinking. "Shannon I appreciate your help. You know I do. But there has to be a level of trust here." Monet downed her glass of cognac and hurled the glass against the wall. It shattered into pieces. "WTF are you tryna say CC? You think I would double cross you? You think I would have her here in my home if she wasn't trustworthy?" I didn't flinch. Monet was having one of her infamous tantrums. "Ladies, let's just be cool. Piggy I know where you coming from. You don't have no reason to trust me on this but I assure you that I can help you take down Albro and that warehouse." I looked into Meika B's eyes and I saw that flash in her eyes. "Tameika we can get it done. We need to go over some things first." Monet had calmed down. "Well that's what I like to hear. I'll leave you ladies to discuss your devices." She patted her hair and walked towards the door. "And yall eat that damn pie!" She closed the door. I looked at Meika B. "You in no problem. I just like seeing Monet clown. That bitch crazy aint it?" Tameika cackled. I motioned for her to quiet down. "Its real simple. I need womanpower. This aint nothing you aint did before. We planned it for tomorrow but I think we gone push it back one more day." "Okay good CC. I got a hair appointment tomorrow. Weapons?" "Shit, Monet got us straight but you know always bring your own so that you're comfortable." "Ok. I gotcha. Dang CC its nice seeing you." I smiled. "You too. I need to go to the bathroom." I'm sure she noticed my shaking. I needed to get these shoes on me. I slid the Ruby Red Blahniks off the table. There was a sad look on Meika B's face. "Damn Piggy. Your habit has got worse. Get your shoes. I'll help you to the bathroom." That's a real friend. She closed the door. I didnt think about the takeover, Albro, or my Blahniks that were missing,. I closed my eyes and slipped my pedicured feet into the shoes.... You know the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment