Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Piggy's Passion, Plans, and Pancakes: Grand Slams and Drell

I kissed Mattie Mae and Cobee both and I was off. I repeatedly called Drell back but got no answer. I knew about what apartment complex he was staying in but I didn't have the exact number. I put the complex into my GPS system and I was on my way. There was so many things going through my mind. I called again. His phone went straight to his voice mail. I wanted to throw my blackberry out of the window, I was so frustrated. Then my phone rang back. It was him. In a panic I answered the phone. "Bae, are you ok?" "Yeah, I'm good. I was just about to call you when I saw I had all these missed calls from you." I breathed a huge sigh of relief. "Boy I was on my way over there to light it up!" I heard him chuckle. "Drell, I called you and I heard gunfire. The phone hung up and then I didn't get no answer." He then started laughing harder. "Courtney, I'm watching Belly and the surround sound is up loud. My neighbor just came over to ask me to turn it down." I slowed down and pulled into a gas station parking lot. I rubbed the bridge of my nose. Ok, so I had to really admit that I had feelings for this man. "Drell I thought you was in some serious trouble." "No, Courtney. I'm fine. Where you at?" I pushed my blonde locks from out of my face. I twisted them into a bun at the nape of my neck. "I'm off 288." "Meet me at Denny's. There's one off   Southmore and 288." His voice sends shivers down my spine. When I was around him I felt sixteen again. "Ok bae, I'll be there in fifteen minutes." We hung up. I realized that I wasn't exactly dressed to go out but then I remembered that Drell was the guy that I felt like I could truly call him my lover and friend. It was at that moment I thought about Ivory Albro. The debauchery aside, there was something about Albro that intrigued me until the day I killed him. I took his crown and then his appeal dwindled a bit. My phone rings. The caller ID says unknown. Imma chill. I put lip gloss on my lips. I had on sweats and house shoes. No make up. Phone rings again. Its Monet. "Piggy, I hope you know what you're doing." I could hear the ice clinking in her glass. "How are you Shannon Monet?" Silence. I could hear Calvin Richardson crooning Falling Out on my Pandora Radio. "You still there?" "I'm here, Courtney." "Good, listen up. This thing between you and me has come to a head. Know that you will pay for all of your sins and I will be the judge, trial and sentencing. You go to my son's school and pull that?" I heard her chuckle and that fueled the fire that was in me. "Courtney, I do not have time for your tantrum. Drell. How do you know him?" Oh ok. This was what she really wanted. "Drell and I go way back to grade school, Monet. Why do you ask?" She didn't say anything. I knew that could mean many things with her. "You oughta watch the company you keep, Courtney. Haven't I taught you that?" I smirked. I saw Drell's Cutlass pull into the parking lot. He didn't see me. He parked on the opposite end of the lot. I then saw Arnissha Lynn's Bentley. Just my luck. I needed to meet with her indefinitely. I cut Shannon off. Told her I would call her back. I reached for my door handle to get out but I noticed that Big Lynn's Bentley was parked next to Drell's car. He got out and so did Big Lynn and two of her goons. Drell lit a black and mild. They were talking. I dialecd Drell. He looked at his phone and then sent me to voicemail. I called him right back. He answered after three rings. "What's up bae?" "Nothing, I'm on my way. Where you at?" I saw him look around. "I'm just pulling into Denny's. Where you at?" "I'm coming dine 288. Be there in a second." I hung up. Arnissha Lynn and Drell continued their conversation. It looked heated. One of Lynn's goons pointed a pistol at Drell. They got back in her car and left. They drove right past me and she and I locked eyes. She of course quickly looked away. Yeah bitch we gone have our day. Soon. I watched Drell walk into the restaurant. I checked my .40 and it was loaded. I went into Denny's. Drell spotted me the moment I walked in. The smile on his face made my heart skip a beat. He looked like he was genuinely happy to see me. He walked up to me, bent down a little and kissed me squarely on the lips. "Come on baby, let's eat." I took his hand and at that moment I knew that I would probably follow him anywhere. We were seated. Waitress comes and takes our drink order. He sat across from me. I pouted. "Dang, why you sittin over there? You don't want to sit next to me?" He smiled and then moved next to me in the booth. His scent was intoxicating to me. I pulled his chin down and kissed him again, my tongue tickling the inside of his mouth. He moaned. "Damn." I giggled. It had been a long time since I had felt like I had a man who had no ulterior motives. I knew that I didn't know everything about Drell but I knew that I was comfortable with him. I needed him to see the best and worst in me. I ordered a grand slam with eggs over easy. Drell ordered the same but with scrambled eggs. I held his hand. I watched him. He was so handsome. I love his facial structure. I could kiss him all day. I wanted to wrap myself up in him. "Bae, I got something I need to tell you." I saw his jaw tense up. Uh oh. Here we go. I had already saw him talking to Big Lynn. I figured I'd investigate that later on. "Right before you got here, Arnissha Lynn came up to me. She started asking me all kinds of questions about you and Shannon Monet." My ears perked up. So that's what that was about. He was being honest about it. He didn't have to say anything about it. "What did she want to know?" The waitress brought a tall carafe of orange juice to the table. I poured a glass. Drell took it from me and took a long sip. I was in a daze watching him. "She just wanted to know what you and Shannon had against her. Said she had heard you was plotting something." I didn't know how to digest this. How had she known? Then again, Big Lynn was the natural choice. With Albro out of the way and me being King, there was no one to go after except Lynn or Monet. I was going to destroy them both. I knew that Big Lynn would be the easier fish to fry first. I needed more than corn meal and grease to fry her nonetheless. We sat and talked while waiting for our food. Suddenly there was a commotion at the door. "Everybody get the fuck down!" Four men in black and ski masks were holding the Denny's up. I looked at my other half and he made me proud. He stared into my eyes and I knew we were on the same page. I slide my .40 outta my bag. These four unlucky bastards had stumbled into an eatery with a kingpin cop who wasn't having it. Later I would revel in the irony. Behind me was a girl with Texas Southern gear on. She had her I-pad out reading Courtney Got Something to Say. What is is with this blog that garnered so much attention around here. I hadn't really read it myself but I hear it was good. Anyway, the girl also had her laptop. I knew they were headed straight this way. One of the guys started ordering the patrons to empty their belongings into a hefty trash bag. The other three were ordering the manager to empty the registers. One of the guys stood out to me. It was not because I could see or recognize his face but it was his stance. He was holding a .22 rifle. I took that out of his hand and replaced it with an AK. This was one of the motherfuckers who had followed me and shot at me after I left my mother's that day. I'm sure I had killed the other one. He had his gun on me and Drell and as he passed by me I got a whiff of it. It was Happy Hair Butter. His hair wasn't completely covered and he had some of the most beautiful dreads I had ever seen. Arnissha Lynn was behind this. I squeezed Drell's hand under the table. I slapped my badge onto the table and cocked my gun. "Houston Police! Drop the fuckin' gun! Now!" Drell stood up beside me with his .45. The goon looked up at me. "She said you was in here. You killed my brother bitch." I smiled. "Well looks like gettin killed is about to run in your family." If I die tonite was all I was thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment