Friday, September 16, 2011

Piggy's Plight and Peril? WTF!!!!

With my gun still pointed at him, he continued to rant. "You killed my brother out there on 35 and left. Didn't stop to see if he was aite." I scoffed. Mind you now, there were about thirty other civillians in the restaurant who now knew I was a cop. I figured it best I not admit to anything. But this dude needed to be brought back to reality. "Nigga, your brother was tryna to kill me." By this time the other suspects had made their way to our table. There was about six guns raised. I looked at one of them and spoke to Drell. "How you doing, bae?" "I'm good. I'm here. I got you." I don't know why but at that time it was really important that I hear that. The ring leader cleared his throat. "This ain't just a shake down. Arnissha Lynn sends her regards." I knew it. This was her right here. Why would she be so tacky with it though? But then this was right up her alley. She felt like could be careless. I knew the cops would be on their way in a minute. The TSU student had done what I asked and called 9-1-1. She didn't have to speak to anyone because I knew the operator would hear the commotion and a frequency from her I-pad would send a GPS signal to let emergency response know where we were. Once this was over, I would talk to her. She had done good. "Now you got two options. You can die or you can put these guns down, surrender and let these innocent people finish enjoying their meals. Which one?" The leader laughed and looked to his squad. "Piggy, you a little overly confident, don't you think?" "I am. I know how this is going to end. Just thought I'd let you believe that you could have some kind of control over it." I stood in the booth chair and my normal 5'2 stature seemed larger than life. In the distance I could see the flashing red, blue and white lights. My brethren, no doubt on the way. "So what's it gone be? I know you hear 'em and you ain't going nowhere." He looked around as if weighing his options. I kept my weapon aimed and I looked around me. Besides the fear of the unknown, most of the patrons appeared fine. All at once there was another commotion and about six officers stormed the restaurant. The goon fired his rifle. It hit a man in the left corner of the restaurant. I immediately popped one into his shoulder forcing him to drop the gun and fall to the floor. Drell helped me down and I stood over him. He was wringing in pain. I hit a major artery in his shoulder. I could tell because there was a lot of blood all at once. One the officers yelled for me to drop my weapon. I did as I was told. "It's okay officers, I'm a cop." I slowly flashed my badge and the situation eased a little bit. The other suspects were apprehended. No foul or harm. An ambulance was called for the patron and the guilty. I quickly instructed Drell to put his gun up. I gave him my purse and he dumped it in there. I answered fifty questions a hundred different ways. Left my card and told any of the officers that they could call me with anything else. Me and Drell walked outside into the humid night air. "The adventures of Drell and Piggy, huh?" His question brought me out of my trance. I smiled. "How about you come back with me to my place. I'll fix us breakfast and we can wake up and watch cartoons together." He scratched his chin. "Yeah we can do that. You know I have to leave in two days." My heart sunk. I had completely fallen for this man. I had an idea. I called Tameika to see if we could have a get together. A dinner party at my house. She didn't answer. I texted her to call me back. "You coming or what?" He kissed my forehead. "I'm following you." I went back to my car and I noticed that the door was ajar. I love Chevrolet. This Camaro was so souped up that I knew if someone was in it or if it had been tampered with. I put my hand on the handle and the loudest explosion I had ever heard erupted. The force threw me back and I now I see everything is white. I see my daddy and I am now five years old. I'm taken back to simpler times. There is an ice cream truck coming down the street and my mother is on the front porch with my daddy while he drinks a beer. I don't feel my body. Fingers, toes, legs, my shoulders, or head. I literally hear Bobbly Blue Bland's Members only. I'm sleepy. I gotta go. I'm tired. I need-.....

No comments:

Post a Comment