Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Ms. Shannon Monet Gets her Due or UNDUE?

The bartender poured me a stiff drink. I tossed a quarter into the shot glass and downed it. Pressed play on the jukebox and Gladys came on singing If I was Your Woman.  I loved Courtney. I did. I had watched her grow up. All bullshit to the side, she had grown into a powerhouse right before my eyes. Her mother and I were sorrority sisters but I only saw her mother in her physical appearance. I mean Courtney and Belinda were bookends. She was her daddy's child, even though she had decided to go into law enforcement. Her going through the academy was a mere formality. I had already arranged for her to be hired on the police force. I downed my second drink in one swallow. I hear about this, this Embassy she's started. If it wasn't for me she never would've had the driving force to do so. I sit back now like a proud mama. Gangsta bitch is what she was now. You see Officer Piggy what have you, Courtney Coyle had a fire and a darkness in her eyes that mirrored my own. Didn't fully believe that she could pull of killing my ex and taking over his business. She did and brought me evidence. There was a sad cloud over me though. You see eventually I would have to kill her. She knew too much about me. I mean she had information that could destroy me. I slipped up one day while we out to dinner and let loose that I had killed my niece. Initially I thought that she would maybe charge it up to me being drunk. Not Piggy. She started investigating it. Pulled the case file. Minute she did that, I got on Chad Blair's ass. It was something about Piggy that had men drawn to her. I mean she had even had Alvin Ray turn against me. When I found him it would be all over with. But Courtney would be more than a pain in my side. Still, I wasn't expecting to hear this. I got the call a couple of hours ago. One of my men had called and told me. I got to the hospital soon as I could. Her goons were all there including Meika B. I mean damn if it wasn't for me they would've never collaborated together. She looked me down with this icy stare and I believe that the only reason she didn't kill me was because police were everywhere. I got information on her condition and now here I am across the street at the Yellowstone Lounge. I needed to get away for a second. It dawned on me that Tameika thought I had something to do with this. She was wrong. I made idle threats towards Piggy but I couldn't really hurt her. Yeah I had sent goons after her and even directly threatened her but the truth is I respected her. I downed another drink. I'm tipsy now. Everything is a blur right now. Reggie the bartender is staring at me. Or least I think he is. I think I need to let my men know that I'm ready to go. Where's my purse? Ain't this some bullshit. Shit. My head spinning like crazy. "Monet, you need some help?" What the hell she doing here? I look around and I don't see Dexter. By the time I turned around to answer Alicia Brown, I could smell the chloroform. I was too drunk to struggle hard but I knew that it was Machete Mychelle who had grabbed me. Damn where the hell is my purse-- "Here Reggie, appreciate it. Now we need to get this bitch to Mychelle car without her goons seeing us." "No prob baby. We go out the back." Mychelle looked at me and she had a look of pure hatred. "Asia, we gone kill her but kill her slow." Monet had fucked up. I helped Mychelle put her in the trunk but I kept thinking about those neckbones I left cooking at the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment