Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Love and Louboutins: It all comes back to Piggy

"This food is horrible!" I spit what was supposed to be Salisbury steak into a napkin. No wonder people in the hospital were sick. It has been three days since I'd come out my coma. I feel like I had just been sleep. I wanted only those close to me to know my condition. The rest of the world thought I was dead. That was fine by me until I knew exactly who had done this. They effed up big time. Brian was on his way with my piglet in a minute and my mother was here continously fussing over me. I knew this had been hard on her. She looked older than I remembered. "Pooh, you still have got to eat. Here let me dress it up a lil bit for you." She pulled little packets of salt and pepper out of her purse and sprinkled it on my food. Fed a forkful of it to me and it was sooo much better. Thank God for mamas I tell you that. I had spoken with Texas Tea and I wanted to cry at the elation in her voice. I loved her more than she knew, Donny Hathaway. His live performance of that song was playing in my room. Meika B was truly glad to hear from me and said that she would be up here pronto to put her eyes on me. Let's see... What do I remember about that night? Well I remember I was at Denny's about to eat with Drell. There was fools tryna come in and rob it. I stopped all that shit though. One of the goons claimed I had killed his brother. I'm sure I had something smart to tell him. I remember kissing Drell and the rest is bleak. They say I'm lucky to be alive. My face is still bandaged. Drell has been here the whole time I heard. "He's crazy about you, Courtney. There ain't no doubt about that. It's funny. We talked about how y'all used to bicker back and forth in grade school." I smiled. Who knew that Drell and I would be in this position. I had expected him to be long gone back to Mississippi by now but according to my mother he hadn't left my side since the accident. How did I get so lucky? HPD had sent over flowers just about everyday. My captain came and saw me yesterday and he brought over pictures of the crime scene. My Camaro had of course been totaled. I saw the picture of my body laying on the ground. My blood boiled. Initially when the paramedics arrived on the scene, they couldn't detect a pulse. CSI immediately begin taking pictures of my mangled body. Mangled. That's the way it appeared on film. I kept hearing Mike Walker's voice reverberating in my head. "Lil one, rule with an iron fist." That's exactly what I would do. I felt pretty good though all things considering. I was a lil sore in some areas and I was so ready to have these bandages removed from my face. Drell walked in. "Damn, bae. I'm so glad you okay." I smiled. He bent over and kissed my lips. There were still sparks when we kissed. I looked into his eyes and I saw me in them. Realistically, I was into a lot of things I had no business into. I still had a path that I needed to stick with. Like it or love it I was going to do just that. Symona Lisa popped in my head. I had made plans to include her and Pure Vengeance Accessories into the Embassy's blueprint. I'm telling you her accessories was appropriately named. When haters saw you with them on it made them hateful and vengeful towards you. She made me some Texas Girl earrings in the shape of Texas. People constantly asked me questions about them.Want to know where I get em from. How much are they. Does she custom order. Yeah my Baltimore lady had a niche and I wanted to help expand her empire and make it a part of mine. My mama stepped outside to use her phone. Drell was able to get my phone and purse at the scene. I turned my blackberry and there were a flood of texts from my Embassy. Well wishes and we gone get whoever did this texts. I smiled. It felt good knowing I had so many people who loved me. Bits and pieces of that night had started to come back to me. I remembered that as I walked towards my car after kissing Drell good night, I thought I saw Starsha Danielle. Didn't think much about it then. Went on ahead to my car and that's when the explosion occurred. Now that was an important piece of the equation now. Soon as I saw Tameika I would let her know. "Fix your face. What's wrong with you? I'm okay." He rubbed his braids and looked at me. It was at this very moment I realized how physically attracted I was to him. I moved to adjust myself and get comfortable. I then thought about the childhood story of the princess and the pea. You remember she could never get comfortable in her bed with just a small pea in between her mattress? Well I was just the opposite. For here behind my hospital pillow laid my Smith and Wesson .40. Princess Piggy seldom slept without hers. I smiled at Drell. "I got it for you at the scene. Figured you needed it." I heard a commotion outside my door and then it opened. Chad Blair. My old partner and a MF I did not trust. Alvin Ray was with him. My .40 was now in my lap under my bed covers. I could smell blood and I don't have to tell you that it wasn't mine I was smelling. My senses heightened when I saw that Chad Blair had a Louboutin shoe box underneath his arm. I needed it...

No comments:

Post a Comment