Thursday, December 1, 2011

Melodious Makes it Clear!

Fuck! They're being ambushed. Grab my gauge and I fire out the front window. I had just hung up the phone with Asia and this bullshit go down. I fire one shot! Two more. I peer out the window and I don't see Asia or Machete. The car where the gunfire had opened from was gone. I went out the back door and there was Machete and Asia. They were both fine. They needed help with Shannon Monet. It looked like it was just a body. "Damn, Asia, did yall kill her?" They took her to the back bedroom and laid her across the bed. "Naw, Melodious she just fucked up is all." I noticed how particularly quiet Machete was. "How you Machete Mychelle?" She nodded. No words. I knew she was most definitely taking this hard. Her and my cousin was real close. Damn, I said was. Piggy was gone pull through this. I swear I admired her though. She was my uncles' daughter and she was just like him. When I got the call, it was as if the world had stopped. For some reason I needed to go in to check on my girls. I had to hold them and touch them. They were both asleep. I watched them while they slept and I knew that I would do anything to protect them from this cruel evil world. If that meant going after the motherfuckers bold enough to try and kill CC, then so be it! They laid Shannon Monet across the duvet. Immaculately dressed from head to toe, her hair was laid across her face and she now appeared as if she was just sleeping. "So what did Texas Tea want us to do with her?" Both Asia and Machete shrugged their shoulders. Here we were now caught up in not only murder charges but kidnapping too. I knew that what I was doing was wrong but I felt that there was a bigger picture. I did alright with my career being an investment banker but my side hustle was explosives and now being a part of the Embassy would bring me money that would allow me to retire in a year's time. I'm only thirty one. Shannon Monet stirs. She doesn't wake up but we all know that it will only be a matter of time before she gets completely up. I went to the bar and poured myself a drink. Offered one to Asia and Machete Mychelle. Both accepted. I looked at the two beautiful women who stood near me and I realized that Courtney Coyle had to have impacted them in some kind of way. God she has to pull through! If for nobody else her piglet. I thought about my handsome little cousin and I couldn't imagine him motherless. I went back into the room that held Shannon Monet. We were eye to eye. "Where the hell am I?" I pulled my pistol and I aimed it at her her head. "Sleep well?" Monet had daunting piercing gray eyes and my cousin owned a pair just like them. I looked away but only for a second. Mychelle and Alicia were now standing in the doorway with me. Through clenched teeth, again Monet growled, "Where the fuck am I?" I smiled. "Either the place where you die or the place where you redeem yourself. You decide." I walked up to her. Rubbed the side of her face and then grabbed her by her chin, squeezed it until she bit her tongue. Her blood and saliva ran down my hand. Disgusted but I didn't flinch. I needed her to see my eyes. Piggy was my blood and when she decided to harm her she harmed me. "You're going to die, Monet. Now that could be in a few minutes, the end of today or years from now. Why'd you bomb my cousin's car?" She didn't say anything. Her eyes turned slate gray. Oh so she was gone be tough about it. I rared back and slapped her across her eye. My princess cut ring catching her eye. She didn't make a sound. Spit blood and DNA on the wood floor by my shoe. "Vous aurez a payer pour cette salope." Asia sucked her teeth. "I hate when her and CC do that. Speak English Bitch." I chuckled. Grabbed Monet by her chin again and said, "I'm already paying, Monet. But your debts are about to be settled for GOOD!" I let go of her chin. She laughed. "I didn't bomb Courtney's car. Too sloppy. Courtney is King of Houston. She has a million and one enemies now." I ignored her. But I noticed a look in Machete's eyes. "What's up Mychelle?" She was quiet for a second. "Melodious, I believe her. I don't believe she's responsible for this." A chill went over my body. "Ladies we need to talk and not around her." It was time for an emergency meeting. I dialed Drell to check on Piggy. I got no answer. Texas Tea called to say that she was on her way. So we would wait. I went outside to have a cigarette and there was Starsha Danielle outside. "So she's dead huh?" I flicked an ash and said, "Who you talking about?" "Piggy." I thought about how to answer this. "Yeah she's gone." "Michelle, she was in over her head and I can't tell you I'm sorry that she's gone. Somebody put a bomb in that Camaro of hers huh?" Now how in the hell would she know that. The police had been real careful about releasing information on Piggy's accident. The only reason we knew was because Drell called us. Luminal. If Starsha had assembled that bomb or even placed it there, there would still be remnants of trace chemical on her. Maybe Starsha Danielle wanted a drink. I didn't give her a choice. She turned her back to me and I stuck my .380 to her temple. Took her .45 from out her waistband holster and guided her into the house. Her car was still running and I could hear Anthony Hamilton's Dear Life playing from the stereo. "Machete and Asia, we got company."

No comments:

Post a Comment