Friday, December 30, 2011

Piggy Rocks the Party that ROCKED his Body: Perilous Piggy

Drell immediately got up from his post and walked towards them. Chad Blair smiles. Alvin Ray remains stoic. "Piggy, you better tell this cowboy who I am. This ain't what he want." I bit my bottom lip and contemplated for a sec. He shouldn't underestimate Drell but I KNEW what Blair was capable of. I knew that I would always be handy with steel but still why do all of this in the hospital? "Drell, baby, it's okay. He's cool." With his back turned towards me, I could see a lot of tension in his body. I remember one time my mama telling me that you don't come between men when they're having a pissing contest. You got back so as to not get wet. "Bae, Imma go get me something to drink. You want something back?" "Bring me an ice cold Dr. Pepper." He looked back and smiled at me. Drell then mugged both Blair and Ray before leaving the hospital room. "What do you want Blair? And Alvin where the hell you been. There was a missing person's report out on you last I checked." As Blair got closer to my bed, the scent of Havanna Cohibas and Happy cologne permeated the room. "What brings you here, Blair." He set the Loubou box down. Alvin Ray kept close to the door. "Rumor through the department was that you were dead, Coyle. I couldn't believe that." I looked Chad Blair dead in his eye. He turned away from my stare. "That was done on purpose. We still don't know for sure who is really responsible. We thought it best to let whomever did this to believe that I was dead." Chad Blair knew the way this business worked. I was tryna read him. Find out why he was really here. Can't lie though. It was hard for me to focus looking at that Christian Louboutin box. My nipples hardened and I started salivating. See it had to have been thirty days or more since I had gotten high. All the people that had visited me over the course of my stay here had brought flowers, cards and balloons. Things like that. None of them had thought about feeding my habit. Chad Blair noticed my shaking. "Its been a while huh, Piggy?" It was at these times when I felt I was the most vulnerable. I licked my lips and I tried to inch my way to the box. Chad Blair scooted it within my grasp. I opened the box. There they were. The coveted Daffodil pump. Closed toe. Five inch heel and very red bottom. My heartbeat sped up. "Easy, Piggy. You laying in a hospital already. Pace yourself. I brought em for you. I know what you need." My pupils I'm sure were now dilated. I moved the thin sheet and I saw that I had on a pair of the hospital footies they give you. It was hard for me to move as I had an I.V. in my arm. I pulled the footies off glad to see that my mama had made sure I stayed pedicured. My toes like my nails were painted a pretty candy pink color. "Allow me, Piggy." Blair slip one shoe on. I could see my veins raise. He slipped on the other and I was transformed. The sensation came on so fast, my nose began to bleed. Colors of teal, peach, and purples was all around me. I ran my hand through my blonde locks, glad that my mother and Meika B had taken care of them. Every other day, Meika would be at the hospital washing them with dry shampoo and my mother kept them fluffed and soft with Mixed Chicks misting spray. Louboutins always got me high. It would be violent. I could feel my body convulse. "This shit is crazy, Chad. Is she gone be ok?" "Yeah, she'll be alright. I was tryna explain to you about this. This girl been addicted to shoes for a long time. It can get this bad. Courtney is one of the worst cases I've ever seen." I was high as shit but I could still hear them talking about me. No longer did I have an I.V. in my arm. Dressed still in a hospital gown, I could see myself sashaying in the Daffodil pump. It was closer to an outer body experience. My cell ringing brought me back. "Courtney." "Piggy, are you by yourself?" "No." I hear panic in Meika B's voice. "Piggy is Chad Blair there? If he is play it off." I wiped blood from my nose and answered. "Yeah bae, I got it. Thank you." "Piggy, Arnissha Lynn is behind this foolishness. Blair and Starsha Danielle helped her set it up. He might be there to finish the job." "I see, oh ok then, well now is not really the best time for you to come now." "That's a bet Piggy, I'm pulling into the parking garage now. Where is Drell? Are you dressed?" "Girl yeah, I'm dressed. Comfortable just like I like it." I giggled for good measure. "Rule with an iron fist, Piggy. Don't stop until you hear it click!" I bit my bottom lip. "You better know that." She hung up. Chad Blair moved closer to me. "Coyle, who was that on the phone?" I felt the steel of my pistol. "A friend. She's been itching to come see me. Not really up for her company right now though." He was tryna read me. Alvin Ray spoke up. "Blair, my old lady calling me, Imma step outside for a minute." Blair nodded. When the door opened, I didn't see any other of the officers who had stood post outside. It made sense. The commotion I'd previously heard was Blair pulling rank. He had sent them away. Wondered where Drell was. Didn't matter. Chad moved closer to me. He smiled. "I always thought you were beautiful. But I always knew you were poison. Look at your eyes. A woman ain't supposed to have eyes like yours. They like Shannon Monet. You're tainted." "So they sent you to finish me huh, Blair." He now had a Beretta with a silencer attached to it. I slowly pulled the hammer back on my .40. If I fired everyone would hear. "There's no fear in your eyes Courtney. Why? Here it is you about to die, and there is no fear or even remorse for some of the things you've done." "Not built like that I guess." I'm high as shit but I still have got a clear shot. I have a clear shot of him before he fire one off in me. I know that Texas Tea is seconds from entering my room. A knock on my door. "Who is it?" "Brian." I knew my Piglet was with him. Loud as I could I said, " More Than the Air I Breathe." Blair cussed. Turned his gun at me. Brian came through the door with his .40 and Blair's brains were sprayed against the window, my blood pressure monitor and the TV mounted on the wall. I didn't blink. Shell casings would match my weapon. I laid there frozen. Another body I had added. I just remembered thinking how hard would it be to get brain matter off of these Daffodil pumps. Brian kissed my forehead. Grateful that we had come up with that code. Nurses and Doctors were in my room and the chaos began. Tameika sat in the lobby patiently playing auntie to my Piglet. Rule with an Iron fist. Houston was mine and nothing and nobody would come between that. I texted Texas Tea two words: Alvin Ray. She responded back with one word: DONE. I answered four million questions while the father of my son quietly stood over me as my protector. Love comes in some unorthodox forms sometimes, but I was the lucky one. Good Directions played on my little radio and I smiled as they prepared to put me into another room as my current one had just become a crime scene. I looked down at the sheet covering Blair's body. No twenty one gun salute for him. Don't you just hate dirty cops?

No comments:

Post a Comment