Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Symona Lisa Will be Transplanted via Piggy's Parcel Service

I should have told my Texas Lady not to waste money on a ticket for me. I don't fly. I mean I am the flyest one but I don't fly. So I traded her first class ticket she bought for me and I used that money for expenses. I would stay at the Sheraton Astrodome. It got really great reviews. I rented a Suburban and I decided I would drive down South. It had been more than thirty days since I had talked to Piggy. I was surprised when all of a sudden I received a phone call with a Houston area code. It wasn't Piggy. "Symona Lisa?" "I'm listening." The voice on the other end chuckled. Her voice was thick and sultry, but it was comforting. It dripped of macaroni and cheese with collard greens. This was a woman of the south. Her accent was as thick as Courtney's. "My name is Tameika Benford. I work with Piggy. I really needed to get in touch with you." I poured myself a glass of wine. I looked around my Baltimore studio. I was on my way. Like it or love it. Barely twenty one, I had built my company from the ground up. I was doing what I loved to do. I stopped hustling. Selling dope was going to get me killed but my keen sense of fashion would take me places. It had. I now had merchandising offices for Pure Vengeance Accessories in New York, Miami, Dallas and soon Houston. Courtney AKA Piggy had sent me an awesome blueprint on how she could and would incorporate my accessories with her shoe business. Not only that she had spent good money with me on some original pieces. I designed for her Texas shaped earrings with close to 10,000 crystal stones each. Money had been no factor to her. Crazy thing is I was really interested in what they were paying Houston cops these days. That's what she did for a living. Tameika Benford went on. "Ms. Lisa, something bad has happened. Piggy has been in an accident. Now she's gonna be fine but I know that she wants you all 's plan to go as she had initially planned." I didn't know what to make of this. You see I knew the way the game go. I had many conversations with Piggy and she only mentioned two people she trusted. There was a Shannon Monet and a Texas Tea. "I see, Tameika?" "Yes." "You have to appreciate my position on this. Piggy ordered thousands of dollars of merchandise that I am personally supposed to see to. We've spoken alot over the course of six months and she's never mentioned you. I will be more than happy to contact Texas Tea and discuss furt- I heard that infectious laugh of hers again. "Tameika? What's funny? I don't get it." "That damn Piggy. You see I am Texas Tea. That's my code name." I had still had suspicions. "She gave me a code phrase, Tameika. What is it?" "Manolo Blahniks are in every season." There it is. She was legit. I thought it was odd at first that Courtney would have a code but I know this game can be dirty. We went on discussing the future. I lay back on my queen sized bed. Here lay my sketch book where I came up with all my beautiful designs. My Ipad lay in the bed and my B-more Beretta lay next to a now empty bottle of wine. This was my life. I'm young successful beautiful and single. It's okay. I know the right BOSS is out there for me. Who knows? I may find him in the Lone Star State. I flipped my Ipad on and Trey comes on singing Made to Be together. I think of simpler times. When it was just me my mama and my brother. We never struggled but we was damn sure living good now. I made sure that Wanda didn't have to worry about a thing. You see my Texas lady had reached and cornered a market. What little I knew about her I liked. I figured I'd support her. I told Texas Tea I'd see her in two days. Call her when I saw the Astrodome. I had even been considering moving down South. Something about em I dig. Don't get me wrong. Because I loved Baltimore and all it had to offer me. I was Queen here. I also knew that a Queen could reign anywhere. I just knew that Courtney loved her city like the air that passed through her lungs. Wonder how she'd react if she ever had to give it up. I heard Texas Tea mention accident. I wonder what she meant. I flipped through the channels on the TV. There it was again. It was a commercial for Courtney Got Somethihng to Say. The writer of this blog promised that by reading this your life could change! It was ongoing story about Officer Piggy and her crew. I had heard from a couple of  my friends that it was okay reading. Coincendentally enough it was set in the land of DJ Screw and the Htown beauty I had come to know as C.C. Maybe I'll go to Amazon and download this blog to my Ipad. May be good reading. I lay back and stare in the mirror. I'm in a Moscato induced stupor. All's well that ends well in accessorizing the world yo.

No comments:

Post a Comment