Monday, January 23, 2012

Change: Piggy and Shannon Monet Calls a Truce

Wonder who been running my business while I've been away? I can't believe that I'm walking away from this alive. I can't express how glad I was to hear Tameika tell me that I could go home. Guess they had figured out that I hadn't killed Courtney. God bless the poor degenerate bastard or bitch who had though. Piggy's Embassy was angry and out for revenge. Not gone lie. I was interested in finding out myself. I passed by a mirror and almost didn't recognize myself. I looked different. I guess maybe it had something to do with me thinking about her. I mean Courtney wasn't all that bad. She marched to the tune of her own drum and the truth is I admired her for that. My things was given to me but my cell phone was not. Tameika said that they had smashed it so the GPS couldn't be used to find me. I chuckled when she said that. I tell you one thing, Piggy had gotten together some of the best. I shutter to think what Houston is gone do once they realize the Embassy exists. Tameika dropped me off at my home and told me that she would be in touch. I needed to call Belinda and offer my condolences. I can't imagine what she's going through. Probably the same thing my sister went through after I killed Lena. I think about her everyday. One day I know I will burn in hell for my crimes. I often think about how different things would be if I hadn't done that. Then I think about him. Ivory Albro. I think about all of the time we spent together and how he  threw it away over nothing. C.C. got rid of him. Didn't think she could but she did. You know I had promised her I would provide everything she would need to to get rid of Albro and she did. I knew I still owed her but to be quite honest, I just didn't think she could. I thought he would kill her. So in essence I think I sacrificed her. She came out on top though. Now she was dead. I couldn't believe it. I walked through the front doors of my home and there was an immediate ache. I had worked most of my life to achieve all that I had and still wasn't happy. I wonder what the funeral was like. Tameika and the rest of em came and saw me at that safe house dressed in black. Mournful. I shed tears when they left. I loved Piggy. I guess Tameika would take over. Glad to see my house was kept immaculate while I was away. Where the hell is that music coming from? One Day You Here is playing. I turned towards the living room. No one in there. Walk on over to the kitchen. No one there. I go to the drawer in the foyer. I keep a .380 there. It was gone! Suddenly the music is turned down. I pushed the doors open to my office. I almost faint. There sitting on my mahogany wood desk is a dead woman. She was dressed in a black tank top runners tights and air max black gloves. No makeup besides lipgloss and she was nursing a drink. Cognac no doubt. Officer Piggy in all of her glory. I had seen the wreckage of her car. There was no way she could've survive that yet here she was. She took the remote and turned the song back up. She rapped along with Bun B. "This world we livin in man it ain't nothin but drama.... "What in the hell, Courtney." She downed the drink and played with the glass. Smiled at me. "Is that a question, Monet?" I didn't respond. Part of me wanted to kill her dead and then another wanted me to wrap my arms around her. I looked around. I didn't know what she wanted. I looked around for my weapons. "No Shannon, don't be stupid, old girl. You know I do my homework. There are no weapons around. I took care of that." "What do you want, CC? I told your cronies that I had nothing to do with that bombing." She looked sad for a second. "I know Shannon. I know. Suppose you didn't have nothing to do with Blair coming after me in the hospital either." I didn't know what the hell she was talking about. I left Blair alone when he and Arnissha Lynn was tryna fuck me over in another deal. Also I knew he knew where Alvin Ray and was tryna protect him. We still had unfinished business. "Courtney, I didn't have nothing to do with that either. Chad Blair will get his." She laughed. "Oh he already got his. You ain't heard? I popped him in the hospital." This is what she had turned into. "So you here to finish me too." I walked over to my bar and fixed myself a stiff drink. "No Monet, I'm here to tell you, it stops here. No more stalking me. I won't come after you. Its enough money in Houston where we can all eat. Call off Mike Walker and you let Drell make it." I listened to the terms of her agreement. It wasn't like I was backing down. The truth is I was tired. All I wanted to do was to keep my position as councilwoman and continue serving fine fusion soulfood at my restaurant. Piggy could have this. "What is it with Drell?" I saw what it was. She didn't have to answer. She was in love with him. Couldn't mistake that. "It's personal Monet. Do you agree with these terms?" I walked over to her slowly and kissed both of her cheeks. I felt her heartbeat. "It's done." She looked at me with those piercing eyes of hers and for the first time I looked away. Courtney could have very well had me killed. This fact alone had changed me. One day I would pay gravely for my sins, but I would gladly do so if Courtney Danielle could be saved. But she was too far gone. "I'll be in touch, Shannon Monet." She limped past me and let herself out. They'll write grand stories about women like Piggy, Texas Tea, and Machete Mychelle. Women like that change the world no matter how they have to do it. I should be so lucky if someone remembers me to pen my urban legend. And if they do what will they say?

No comments:

Post a Comment