Saturday, January 28, 2012

Texas Tea Lethal in Doses

Piggy calling a meeting. Guess that means she's back to feeling like herself. This traffic on 45 N is horrible. Symona Lisa said her flight would be in at 5:30. Ugh. Rush hour in Houston. She must didn't know. All the stuff I gotta do. I promised Sister Thornton I'd make a couple pies for the bake sale. I got to get to the dry cleaners before seven. I don't know what Jay is gone eat tonite. I don't even think I had taken anything out. Or did I? I kept thinking about all the stuff I had been in lately. Still I was about my business. I make ok money as a patient coordinator but I could make more. Was selling dope for a minute until C.C. came back into the picture. She was King now and she promised us that we could all eat. She was good for it. I just worried about her getting that shoe habit of hers in check. I mean how you gone move shoes and you constantly using them? They never play anything on 97.9. I feel like some Marvin Sease. Aye! The Bitch Get it All! That's my shit. I wonder when the blues festival is this year. I know this Symona Lisa chick was supposed to be bad. I mean the pieces that she designed for Piggy were phenomenal. All these people. I hate Intercontinental. It's always congested but its still better than Hobby. Let me see....oh there she is. Pretty chick. Brown. Long black hair. She was dressed in ripped and cut skinny jeans and off the shoulder T-shirt that said "Who Needs Big Boobs When You Have an Ass Like This?" I laughed. Flyy. She also had on some of the baddest pair of Isaac Mizrahi shoes I had seen in a long time. She had style but she was practical. Unlike her new boss. Courtney believe that a woman could be completely naked but with the right pair of shoes she would be dressed to kill. This loading dock is always crazy here. I had to hurry and get away from over here. I don't know it was like even the air out here on the Northside was different. "Hey Symona Lisa? It's me Tameika." "Hey, what's going on lady?" Charismatic. I helped her put her luggage in the back seat of my car. I wondered what made her change her mind. She initially told me that she was driving from Baltimore to Houston. "So you decided not to drive down here?" She was staring off into space. I guess my question startled her a bit. "No I drove but then I had a quick job I needed to do back in Baltimore. So this is actually my second time here in the H." "Oh, ok." For some reason that was odd to me. But hey I try to stay in my own lane. I stopped trying to figure people out a long time ago. You would run yourself crazy tryna do so. "So did you need me to take you next door to Enterprise or you wanna go straight to the hotel?" "Neither, take me to see Piggy." I nodded and turned the music back up. I dialed her. "Piggy." "Hey, I just took care of that and was about to slide through there real quick. Umma get Jay is that cool?" "Yeah the piglet is here. Mattie Mae will be here watching him, did you just wanna leave him here while we hit Double Tree? She get em bathed up fed and put to bed." Mattie Mae was something else. "Thats a bet. I got the Raven, so I'll deliver that right away." We hung up. Symona Lisa chuckled. "I love yall accents and the way yall talk." I never really felt like I had an accent. I guess. I pulled up in front of Piggy's home. I wonder if anyone ever questioned how nice her home was considering she was a cop. Guess not. I rung the doorbell and Mattie Mae answered the door. "Hey sugar, how you?" I smiled and kissed her cheek. "I'm great, Mattie Mae." She chuckled. "I know that's right, and where my baby?" "Oh I'm about to go get him in a few minutes." "Well good, because I made em a whole thing of chicken and rice and we gone make rice crispies together. After that homework done right, Courtney?!" I heard him holler yes maam. "Who is this pretty girl?" "I'm sorry Mattie Mae, Symone, this is Pig-I mean Courtney's grandmother. Mattie Mae, this is a friend of ours." Mattie Mae shot me a suspicious look like she knew I wasn't telling everything. "How you baby?" "I'm good Mrs. Mae- "Girl, my name is Mattie Mae, sugar. Don't ever call me Miss. Mae. I once cut a heffa over that." I burst out laughing. Symona Lisa didn't find it too funny but I knew the Yankee's sense of humor was different from ours. I was glad to see C.C. come out of the room. She looked good. I could tell she had gotten her locks tightened. They were a golden halo around her head. No makeup on. Her eyebrow piercing shined as she came down the hallway. "Mattie Mae, are you behaving?" She waved Courtney off. It was obvious the two of them loved each other. Both women needed the other. Symona Lisa seemed in awe of Courtney. They embraced. "Y'all want something to drink?" I declined. "You know I gotta pick up Jay and get him back over here." "That's right. Handle your business. I'll see you later." Just then my spidey senses were tingling. I went back out to my car and that's when I saw him. Stupid ass. If you gone be parked outside watching somebody try to be a little more discreet. I knew that they both had feelings for each other but I also knew the moment I met him, there was something about him I didn't like. A grown ass man calling himself Drell when his Christian name was Milton? Here Milton was posted outside Piggy's castle in full Gmen gear. Asshole didn't even see me sneak up behind him. The door to the Crown Vic was unlocked. He sipped coffee eyes fixated on her house. I stuck my .50 to his temple. "One false move motherfucker."

No comments:

Post a Comment