Monday, January 2, 2012

Oh Drell Yes: Piggy and Drell Sittin in a Tree

She is beautiful even when she sleep. They gave her a sedative to sleep while they remove the bandages from her face. I knew she was worried whether or not there would be permanent damage. When the bandages came off it was like a force of nature made me get up and kiss her cheek. There was no visible damage. She looked the same way the night of the accident. I marveled at the woman that lay before me. You see even as kids I knew that Courtney Coyle would grow to be something else. It's funny. I can still see her in pigtails and I remember she had a pair of Keds in every color. Needless to say her shoe game has matured. She has the worst shoe addiction I've ever seen. But...she maintaining it. The day she walked into that hotel bar, my heart skipped a beat. Blonde hair complimented her skin tone. It was pulled up in a bun. She had on a pantsuit that hugged her every curve. But it was her walk, that I'll never forget. Sexy, feminine, confident but most importantly it screamed POWER. I don't know if she had noticed me when she first walked in. But I did gauge the reaction of the other men in the bar. White and black. We all watched her with a mutual appreciation. It's something about Piggy though. It's not just her looks. She's beautiful, definitely but its HER. I've been with my share of women but I don't think any of them have made me feel as alive as she does. She make me wanna do right. On the other hand there's a darkness about her that I think many people can't help but see. She got eyes like no woman I've ever seen. You see something dangerous in them. She scared many people with them but I guess I'm different because her eyes are magnetic to me. And this Blair motherfucker! Tsk. I knew it was something up with him the first time I saw him. I had seen him visit Shannon Monet a couple of times. I figured he was shaking her down. He'd always leave with a wad of money. I didn't like him. My daddy'd always told me not to trust no bald headed ass nigga either. When I got back up to her room they were wheeling her out in the bed. Her son's father standing watch. Blair was still laid out on the floor headless. He had to know she was capable of this. I mean they were partners for five years. Show what kind of snake he had to be to try and off her. You know the crazy thing is is that C.C. all of 5'2. She throw on some heels and then maybe she 5'7 but her shot is better than any man I know. Wait a minute. Let Me Ease Your Mind. I ain't heard Lil Boosie in a minute. This the ringtone I got in my phone for Courtney. I smiled. I even dig the way she sleep. Listen at me. She make me such a square but I see us holding hands and walking the beach and shit. Can't front though I was a little jealous seeing her baby daddy fuss over her like that. I can see its still a lot of love there. Me and my son's mama can't stand each other. I was supposed to be back down in the Delta but then Courtney's accident happened. I couldn't leave her side. I prayed and asked God for her to be okay. I mean we had just reconnected. Wonder where Shannon Monet is? She hadn't called me in about thirty days either. As a matter of fact nobody had even seen or heard from her. I knew one while Tameika and nem was sure that Monet was behind this bombing but I didn't think so. Just wasn't her style. I don't know though. I had to take my hat off to Courtney. She had put together some of the baddest bitches. And they all loved Houston and her. I set an ice cold Dr. Pepper can on her bedside table. This would be the woman I marry. I just had to get her to see things my way. Neither one of us could continue living this way. We both had children we had to live for. For the first time, I had met a woman who would force me to discontinue my career. Courtney knew Drell the truck driver. She knew Drell the D-boy who also worked for her mentor. But she would never know Milton Spivey, FBI agent. She and Monet had been my assignment the last year and half but now I had fallen for Officer Piggy and I would give my life before I saw any harm come to her. I had plenty to report but I had been stalling my superiors. This angel that lay before me had changed me. She had put her cards on the table for me. Reckon it was time for me to do the same. I traced her beautiful mouth with my finger. Eyes still closed she licked her lips and I felt her tongue on my finger. I touched my groin. She drove me crazy. "I love you, Drell." My chest tightened. "I love you too bae." Fuck! I had to tell her. Tell her and just trust that she knew my heart. "Courtney, we need to talk."

No comments:

Post a Comment