Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Pig and the Rabbit: It ain't no Fun when Jessika Rabbit Got the GUN

So this time I made the news huh? Well I can't sit up here and say that I feel bad. It was definitely a me or him situation. This was the King in me speaking. Now the cop in me did feel a twinge of guilt. You see Chad Blair and I was partners for about five years. Been through a lot but things had changed. Now that I knew that it was Arnissha Lynn who had set me up and not Shannon Monet, it was time for me to make things right. Somewhat anyway. Right is right and wrong is wrong. I needed to see her and talk to her. You know clear the air so to speak. I was now on the secure Intensive Care floor. Security was air tight now. They've removed my bandages and I was thoroughly pleased. No visible damage whatsoever. Today I wanted to finally get up and move around. I felt like I had gained strength back in my legs and I wanted to walk. Hell, run if I could. My mama brought some more of my clothes and I was tired of these damn ass less hospital gowns. I pulled and tugged on a black sports bra put on running tights with no panties and a grey v neck short sleeve T-shirt. White socks and black 95 Air Maxs. I did this all while in a hospital bed. I was still thick thanks to my mama sneaking her home cooking in here. I unhooked what I could from the monitors and swung my legs over the bed. I stepped down on my feet for the first time in more than thirty days. I immediately hit the floor. Fuck! I'm hearing all kinds of machines going off now. "Sergeant Coyle, are you ok!?" I was out of breath now. "Um-I'm fine." "Are you sure? You know what I'm sending someone in now." Damn, I didn't want that at all. I can't get up. My legs are moving. I feel em and everything. What the hell? The door opened and three nurses rush in. "Hold up, Ms. Coyle. Let me help you up back to the bed." I snapped. I jerked my arm away from her. "Let me go and get the fuck out of here. I can do it myself!" She was taken aback. So was I. I didn't mean to be so harsh but I needed to do this on my own. "I'm sorry if I offended you Ms. Coyle, I was just trying to help." I grabbed onto the bed rail and pulled myself up. It was hard and sweat was all over me. I did it though. "Nurse, why did I fall? Is there something wrong with me?" She smiled. "No, it's just that you haven't got out of that bed in over a month. Your legs need to be reconditioned first." I held onto the bed rail and moved my legs around. The nurse stepped back probably afraid I was gone hit her ass. I had made my mind up. I was going walking. No matter how long it took for my legs to get the message. "Nurse Scott, thank you for your help. But you all can leave now. I'm going walking." "Ms. Coyle, you have strict orders from the doctor prohibiting this." I didn't say anything. I just gave her a look that said Don't play with me. She backed off. I feel like I'm ready to let go now. I do. This time I'm planted securely on my feet. My heart pumping in my chest. I walked over to my window and from there I can see the Houston city skyline. I loved this city. And it would love me back. Forcibly or not. Let me get outta here for my walk. I tuned through Pandora and came to my Avant station. Don't Say No Say Yes came on. I immediately thought about him. I pulled a black baseball hat over my blonde locks and headed out of the door. There were two armed police officers sitting outside my door. Both stood up. I raised my hand and let them know. "Hey, I'm stepping out a little bit. You guys may still wanna sit here though." "Sergeant Coyle, we were told to watch you. So wherever you're going we are too." I shook my head. Hell to the naw. "Look, um Pettigrew and Cole, yeah you see I outrank the both of you. I'm going walking and you all are going to sit your asses here. Understand." Both of these officers stand well over six feet. I didn't give a damn though. "We can't let you leave by yourself." I thought for a split second. I didn't know this floor too well and wasn't sure if I could run either. So I thought it best to just cooperate with them. "Okay let's go." Both of them were armed but one look at em and you could tell that they were just as fresh as they could be. Babies. I walked until all of the kinks were gone. I sashayed onto the elevator. I turned back to catch Pettigrew admiring the view. He blushed and tipped his hat at me. Men. Stepped off the elevator and looked around. We headed for the courtyard. My cell rings. Its Meika B. "Hey Piggy, how you?" "Um good lady, what's going on?" "Well, we gotta let Monet go hun." I exhaled. Standing outside in the courtyard for the first time in some good Texas fresh air, well fresh as it could be downtown. "I know. It's funny you mentioned that. I was thinking about her earlier. She don't know how close she came... I couldn't even finish that. "No C.C., she definitely knows. We gone send her home. Let her know under no circumstances is she to talk about this with anybody." I laughed. Realized that maybe I shouldn't be too candid. I had Cagney and Lacey with me. "Texas Tea, I can hardly talk right now. I decided I would go for a walk and I got a cavalry with me. Let her know tht we need to talk. Tell her come up here." "You got it Piggy." She hung up. The two officers were quiet. I walked a short distance from them and let the Houston sunshine bathe me. Damn this felt good. I closed my eyes. The warmth of the sun embraced me."Piggy Monroe, is that you?" A familiar voice. I opened my eyes and the beautiful young woman that stood before me was definitely a sight for sore eyes. Jessika Larae. I called her Jessika Rabbit. Hadn't seen her in ages. But this was one of the illest bitches alive, Wale. Jessika had the voice of an angel. She wanted to sing. Made it through nursing school and was now a registered nurse. She could also cook dope better than any chemist or dopeboy this side of the Astrodome. We embraced. She kissed my cheek. I bore into her eyes and she bowed her head. She looked at my cavalry. "I need you, Jessika Rabbit. You know I'll make it worth your while." She kept focus on the officers behind me. This chick had skin the color of milk chocolate and eyes that shone bright like a new penny. "You got it, Cocaine." I chuckled. Only she and my father had ever called me that. "These boys with you, Piggy?" I nodded. "Problem, Jessika?" "Nothing we can't handle. You know I'm a nurse here at this hospital now." "I see." "Piggy, come with me." She lowered her voice and her hand squeezed mine. She whispered, "These ain't no square cops, bae. They Blair's boys." I embraced her and almost in slow motion I saw Pettigrew pull his weapon. Jessika and I ran for our lives. Survival of the fittest and I had had thirty three days to rest up. I had killed and destroyed. Contract after contract but lately it was all about my habit and power. As I ran I pulled my .40 with its half empty clip. Jessika and her .22 was with me. You see only Piggy and Jessika could get some shit started in the largest medical center in the world. One hail mary, two Hail Marys, BLAST!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment