Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Piggy Happens!

I was in some serious pain. I had to limp all the way back to the car. Here she go singing Betty Wright at the top of her lungs. I laughed. What the hell would Jessika Rabbit know about being anyone's part time lover and full time fool? "Cocaine, you don't look too good." I closed the door to Jessi's beamer. "Yeah I feel like shit. I gotta get somewhere. I need to get high and then take something for this pain." Jessika shook her head. "You still on that shit like that?" I gave her a look that said I didn't wanna hear her shit. She didn't care. Jessika Larae always said what was on her mind. I told her one day that mouth of hers would get her killed. I picked up my cell and dialed Katy. Her phone went straight to voicemail. That wasn't like her. She always kept her phone on. I called three more times and got no answer. "Hey Jessika Rabbit, you remember where Katy live?" "Yeah, that's where you wanna go?" "Yeah, get me over there." I left a message on her voicemail. I had never had the house phone number. Katy always wanted to keep that life separate. She had a family. Something kept eating at me though. Years of being a cop had given me good gut instinct. We neared Katy's house and my locks were on edge. I pulled my black gloves snug and told Jessika to stay in the car. You know she did exactly what she wanted to do. She turned the car off and got out. I saw Katy's 300 parked in the driveway. Shit seemed okay. I could feel my veins raise because I knew she would have just what I needed to satisfy this craving. I went to the door and knocked. No answer. I rang the doorbell. Maybe she was off today and didn't have to go to Baker's today. I rang the doorbell again. Something told me to try the door. It looked funny. I did and it damn near come off the hinges. What the fuck? I couldn't believe it. There she was laying in a pool of her blood with her neck cut ear to ear. Another top player dead! Eyes wide open. Blood saturating her platinum blonde hair. I heard Jessika stop and then vomit. I stood over my dealer and I was ice cold. Who had done this? Who knows? This was a dirty game and Katy had been in it for years. She used to supply my grandmother. "Jessi, you realized you have just left your DNA at a fuckin crime scene?" I hated being short with her. I had to understand that yeah while she was a ridah, she hadn't been in this shit like that. "Hey don't touch shit. We gotta call 5-0." Then that's when I saw it. It was a Blahnik box. I was careful where I stepped. I picked it up. I had on gloves. Opened the box and inside it were the royal blue Manolo Blahniks of Carrie's dreams. Pointy toed pump with the signature emblem. All of my senses were heightened. I heard Jessika call my name. "Caine, you can not do this right here right now. We gotta get up outta here. I wasn't tryna hear that. I needed this. I rubbed my hand down the fine material that it was made out of. I was alone. I looked on the box and it was my size. I needed to try it on. Looking at the brand on the box it made me think of the ones stolen from me. I saw colors of rage now. I had yet to find them and still didn't have any leads on who may have taken them. I looked over at my dead friend. Look at the ligature marks around her neck. A jagged knife had been used as it was clear in the way her skin was torn. I knew whose work this was. Starsha Danielle. But why? Why would she kill Katy? I snapped out of it. Put the shoe back in the box and picked it up. I closed Katy's eyes that was staring back at me. Said a silent prayer. I would hate to think that she was killed because of our dealings. I knew this was probably true though. Jessika and I left. I knew that I couldn't call my captain with this. I mean this would be one of the many murders I could be personally linked to and they were still buzzing about what I 'd done to Chad Blair. Where could I find Starsha Danielle? Wonder what she had been up to since she got out? I sent a one word text to Texas Tea. "DoubleTree." She responded, "Nine." I replied back "Eight". I laid my head back on the headrest and listened as Johnnie Taylor sang about Good Love. I could see Katy's green eyes like they were my own. "Jessika, take me to my house. We got shit to do." She didn't say anything, she just drove. Reminded me of my days driving Shannon Monet around. It was time for me to make my presence known. King Courtney had survived her assassination attempt and now it was time to unleash consequences. Oh we all have them. I knew one day I would have em, I just prayed like hell that my decisions today would not affect my piglet negatively tomorrow. Wishful thinking right? I figured I would introduce the rest of my Embassy to Jessika Rabbit. She was doing well for herself but I figured I could offer her something even better. We pulled into my driveway and there was Mattie Mae standing in my yard, hands on her hips. Here we go....

No comments:

Post a Comment