Sunday, July 22, 2012

Piggy Softens Up....

I smiled as I sat in my car. I could still taste Lv's lips against mine. Very married my friend is but that fact didn't turn me off. Dee Walton was a very lucky woman. He had agreed to help me where I needed him. Houston was the fourth largest city in America. I had a lot of ground to cover and Walton could get me places that I couldn't venture into on my own. Wonder what Tameika was up to? Past couple days I had been through it. Every now and then, I start getting nostalgic thinking about how things could and needed to be different. I gotta shake that off. Realized that I hadn't heard from David since the incident. Probably scared him off. Typical. I wasn't mad at him though. That was a lot to deal with. Let me get my ass to work. I know I had a desk full of case files. I saw that I had two missed calls from Thompson. I had made a deal with the devil. See I figured I would need another cop on board. Thompson and I were hometown buddies. I suspected he wanted to fuck me. I can admit it. I was attracted to him too but something about him made me feel that I couldn't fully trust him. He probably felt the same way about me. This game was sum else. I turned the radio on to Magic 102. D'Angelo was singing Cruisin. I turned the volume up loud as it would go. I hit 610 and headed downtown to the office. Checked my rearview and sure enough I was being tailed. Another day in the life of King Piggy. I reached up under the dash and grabbed the nine milimeter I had been keeping there. I switched into the right lane. Sure enough the Black Denali truck switched lanes too. Quick glimpse of the license plate. I ran the number through Atlas. LaTosha Wilson. Yeah she was lame enough to come after me. I switched lanes again on her. So did the truck. I could do two things. I could have a shoot out in the middle of the day in Houston traffic. Or I could do the responsible thing and lead her to my job so that we could talk. Let's face it. Um not always the responsible chick. I saw the back driver side window come down. I let my window down and shook my head. The scope of a .22 rifle was pointed at me. I shift gears and lowered the steering wheel down in my lap. I cocked Nina. Gripped the cross around my neck. I put my lights up on my dash and I introduced those niggas to Gangsta Piggy. The first shot hit my rim but my shot shattered the Denali glass. The truck hit the guard rail. There are cars all around me. They got over seeing my flashing lights. I grabbed my badge and pistol and got out of the car. I was slab parked at 610 and the Kirby exit. Reggie B pulled in behind me. Black Bentley with bullet proof panels. Menance is what I called him but I could always count on him. He rolled his window down. "Piggy you alright?" I smiled. "Question is you need to ask these niggas if they alright." He recognized the driver. "Dee?" The driver had his hands up. "Reggie B, you know this nigga?" He nodded his head. I went to my rim and pulled that .22 shell casing from my tire. Reggie B got out the car. "Dee, what you doing? You don't want it with this one. This bitch is crazy." "I want the asshole that fired this shot!" Dee quickly gave him up. He still had his gun aimed. "Umma count to ten. You drop that rifle and maybe nobody dies." He didn't think I was serious. "Five, nine, ten." He threw the .22 out the window. I hugged Reggie B. Kissed his cheek and rubbed his back. "Been a long time baby." "You still crazy as hell I see." I laugh. Reggie B was that nigga. That's how you talk about him. I could've bust him years ago but see the thing is Houston needed a kingpin like Reggie B. Always would. There was a mutual respect between us. "Get outta here Reggie, black and whites on the way. I'm sure you still wanted." He kissed my cheek and reminded me of popsicles and he was gone. I walked up to Dee and told him to get outta here. "You send a message back to your boss that she can come see me. Either we talk or she die." Him and his shooter were gone. When the black and white arrived, I barked orders and got back in my car. On the passenger side was a black Houston Astros fitted. On the side B.L.O.U.N.T was stitched on it. A note that read call me King Piggy. I shifted gears and got back on my way downtown. I could've very well caused a massacre. I'm getting soft but I didn't know how long that would last. When I got to work Lieutenant Derrick Thompson was waiting on me. I took my time getting out of the car. "Piggy, we need to talk." I licked my lips. "Sure Sanka, we can talk." I sashayed past him into the building. No matter what, I was in control of this shit. My king status hadn't gotten to my head. I would run this city and still be the super cop I had worked year at being. Houston would tattoo my name across her heart. You better know that. Wonder what Thompson wanted to talk about? Small thing to a giant....

No comments:

Post a Comment