Monday, June 20, 2011

Everything That Glitters aint Gold, Piggy: It could just BE Glitter!

The night air was cool. Cooler than normal for Houston, Texas. As I drove, I thought about Arnissha Lynn. Here she was a second generation bricklayer. She also had a Master's degree in education and business. I knew that I could always use a woman of her degree. Well spoken. Well traveled. Well shoed. What? The bitch had on the baddest pair of Ramona Cavalli shoes I had ever seen when we arrested her. I started feeling that itch. I thought about the shoes I had bought at the Galleria the other day. Remembered the six inch red suede open toed pumps I'd bought and never even wore. They were in the trunk of my car. I exited Hillcroft from 59. Went a little further and maneuvered my way into the Hillcroft Metro Park n Ride. I parked in the very back. I got out slowly and looked around. Made sure there were no jackers in sight. Pulled the Chinese Laundry shoe box out of the trunk. I got back in the car and locked the doors. I turned the car off and let the radio play. The Spinners' It's a Shame played. I took the right shoe out of the box. I rubbed my hand down its beautiful suede heel. Beautiful this shoe was. I brought it with my outfit in mind. I would pair it with a pair of shredded stone washed jeans, a Vneck men's Hanes undershirt. Red lace bra underneath with silver jewelry. Red nail polish. Red lips. It would all be a lovely contrast to my blonde hair. I sat the shoe in my lap and reclined my seat back. I thought about the last days of my life. I remembered the DSW pendant in my bra. I took it out and put it back in its rightful place. Around my neck. My cell rang. It was Yulonda. "I'm here. Where you at?" "I'm close." I hung up. I started the car and jumped on 59 and took it to the beltway. I exited W. Fuqua and headed to the zoo. When I pulled up, I saw a black Cadillac CTS. She got out. Dressed in a Baby Phat romper and matching Baby Phat wedges. I flashed my lights at her. Before getting out, I grabbed my .40 and put it in my holster. I wiped my AF1's off. Applied more lip gloss. She stared at me. I looked her directly in her eye. She looked away. "How can I help you, Yulonda?" She was quiet for a minute. Like she was thinking seriously about what she was going to say. "Where is Ivory?" I looked around and crossed my arms across my chest. "What are you really asking?" "I call him and his phone is going straight to voicemail. No one has seen him. Here you are wearing his chain. Where is he?" "Albro is no longer with us." There I said it. I watched what little color she had drain completely from her face. "What are you saying? He's dead?" I nodded my head. Tears fell from her beautiful eyes. A part of me felt for her. I had never been in this type of situation before. I had never lost somebody close to me. She looked at me. "You kill him?" "What if I did?" I stuck a piece of Double Mint gum in my mouth. Offered her a piece. She accepted. "If you did, then you MUST know what you've gotten yourself into." I looked around. The humidity was starting to come out. I felt beads of perspiration at my temples. "I'm not worried. I got it under control. But if it's any consolation to you, I'm sorry for your loss." She scoffed. "Thank you, I guess." Ok, so I wasn't really sorry. Hell, if she wanted somebody to be sorry about Albro's death then she should have moved where nobody knew him. She raised an eyebrow. "I'm not all that sorry for myself. Ivory and I have been growing apart for years now. I am sorry for my daughter. Did he suffer?" I shook my head. "It was instantaneous." I didn't tell her that I had kissed him before I blew his brains out. No she didn't need to know that. "You must trust me." I kept a straight face. "Now why would you think that?" "You have admitted to me that you have killed my child's father." I nodded. "Prove it." All she knew was that I had this chain. That's it. "Listen to me. Whatever you think you want to do such as going to the cops. Forget it. I am a cop. A damn good one. It'll be your word against mine anyway." She knew I was right. "Albro had an empire. Don't you think my daughter and I is entitled to some of it." I bit my bottom lip and walked towards her. She stepped back. "You caught me at a good time. Lately, I've been all about family. So I'll do this. Ivorie will be taken care of. She's an Albro. You? I won't do it. You're a registered nurse working at one of the largest medical centers in the world. Why would I feed you? You weren't a kept woman. Albro made you comfortable but he didn't support you." She looked shocked that I knew this. "Little girl, little girl, what are you going to do with all this power you now have?" "Make the best of it." "I want in." I took my fittted off and pulled my blonde locks into a bun on the top of my head. This Houston humidity wreaked havoc on a girl's hair. "Say what?" "I want in. You can use me. I need extra money and I used to be Albro's bottom. I can get in places and with connects that they might not let you into." I thought about what she said. She had a point. Albro and Yodie was on the scene for a minute. She wanted in. I probably could use her. I kept looking at her cleavage. There was a red dot that had been stagnant on her left breast. I eyed my surroundings first. That dot moved. It was infrared. "Are you packing, Yodie?" She looked suspicious. "Yes, why you ask me that?" I saw shadows about a hundred yards from us. "Hope you know how to shoot." I pulled my weapon. Yulonda pulled a .9 milimeter out of her purse. The hammers went back. Somebody fired and I ducked behind my car. Yulonda was next to me. In tears. "Omigod, what the fuck is going on?" "Listen, don't bitch out now. Do as I say and we'll get outta this. Somebody follow you?" "I don't think so." I heard movements in the grass. "Did we get 'em?" A man's voice. "I don't know. That Piggy bitch is slick. Most times she ain't going." As he approached our side of the car, I didn't hesitate. I blasted. One. His other friend came around the car and realized he was surrounded as Yulonda had her pistol on him too. He dropped his gun. I kicked it outta the light. Hands up. "Who are you?" "We work for Albro. Say if we hadn't heard from him today, then you or his baby mama had something to do with it. So we tailed her." I looked over at Yodie. "Why would Albro think you was out to do him something?" She sucked her teeth. "This nigga lying. Albro ain't told you no shit like that." Suddenly I didn't like the way this was going. I turned to ask this nigga what was going on and Boom! Yulonda had shot him. This beautiful creature now had the look of a beast. She was fixated on his body. I walked up to her. I calmly talked to her. "Yulonda, what's wrong? Why you do that?" She shook her head. "He was gone kill us. So I shot him." I knew what I had to do. She turned to look at me and when she did the ass end of my .40 went across her face. She was out. I smell a rat now. She didn't want me to hear what that mark had to say. That's why she offed him. I dragged her ass and put her in the trunk of my car. I then picked up my cell and called the only two people I could halfway trust. Texas Tea aka Tameika and Mr. Mike Walker. I texted Mike and said CLEAN UP. He responded 20. My response. Hiram Clarke Zoo. Meika followed me to Katy's house. I needed to get high and I knew Katy would be holding. Meika saw Yulonda in my trunk and asked, "What have you done, Piggy?" I looked at Meika. Raven beauty. Skin the color of mahogany wood flawless at its best. Her eyes held a strength that most women including myself envied. My response, "I did what I had to do." That answer satisfied Meika B. She prepared to help me. We would put our heads together over coffee, crumb cake, blunts and fine Italian shoes. Long reign, Piggy. Houston and its problems were now mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment