Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Mud is thicker than what, Piggy?

I turned around and sure enough there was a black Tahoe behind us. "Meika, how you know they tailing us?" She exhaled. "Piggy, when we pulled off of Katy's street, their lights came on and they started creeping behind us." I thought about this for a minute. Here we were almost to Anderson Rd. They were still behind us. We got closer to Rosebud. "Turn here on Rosebud, Meika."We made a quick turn. They went straight. So we ducked off in a cul de sac to be sure. I thought to myself crazy life could be. Texas Tea probably thought I was insane. But I knew she believed in me. That was the thing about her and I. We weren't like most women. You know petty or catty for no reason. I recognized the caliber woman Tameika Benford was. She motivated me to be better even if that meant being the BEST BAD BITCH I could be. I would never forget that. We sat in silence for about fifteen minutes. "I think we good, CC." We hit Almeda and headed back to my Queendom. I switched the radio and I heard Shalamar's This is For the Lover in You. Feel good music. I love this song. I smelled ganja. Looked over and Meika had lit a blunt. She inhaled it and passed it to me. I had to piss in two weeks. I knew this. I would be prepared for it though. Before going to my home, we stopped at Shipley's and got a half dozen doughnuts. Tameika had never been to my house. I told her to make herself at home. I went in my room and looked through my closet. Let's see. What did I want to put on today? I got it. A black halter top romper by Isaac Mizrahi. I would wear silver accessories. There was a bad pair of fuschia Christian Louboutin open toe pumps I would wear. I slid into the romper. Admired my tattoos. My mother hated them. But each one of them reflected my individuality. From the leopard spots that were inked on my left shoulder to the Officer Piggy tattoo on my left thigh. I turned side to side and admired my figure. A super models body I did not have. I was finer than a mutha-well you get the picture. I lotioned myself down with Marc Jacob's Daisy. I smoothed on some eyeshadow and eyeliner. Brushed my teeth and then put on some clear lip gloss. Fluff my curly blonde locks and misted them with Mixed Chicks misting spray. Long chain earrings completed my look. The DSW pendant I never removed. When I stepped into the living room and I saw that Meika had also changed. She was in Marc Jacobs. Black skinny jeans and a white button down shirt. On her feet? Five inch round toed red Marc Jacobs pumps. She had on white and black diamonds around her neck. Red lipstick. "Well, damn Meika B! You clean up nice." She smiled. "Thanks, love those Lou Bous." I figured we needed to look the part. We hopped into my corvette. Two seater. I put my Dior shades on and pressed play on the CD player. Touch screen came on and I scrolled until I got to Shalamar's For the Lover in You. I had to hear it again. We headed 288 downtown. Off to see the wicked witch southeast of the Astrodome. Shannon Monet. As I we pulled up outside her offices, she called me again. I sent it to voicemail. Make her sweat. I mean I just didn't feel as obligated to Monet anymore. Tameika and I sashayed into City Hall. Neither of us removing our sunglasses. I walked onto her floor. Her secretary asked if we had an appointment. I kept walking in. I knocked one time on her door and opened it. I removed my sunglasses. There stood Shannon Monet, Arnissha Lynn and Chad Blair. WTF? That's what I was thinking on the inside. On the outside I was cooler than a fan. I saw fire flash in Monet's eyes and I know she saw the same in mine. She put on a fake smile. "Well, CC, I'm glad that you could make it." Arnissha turned to acknowledge me. Looked at me but spoke to Monet. "This little girl impressed me the other day. I like her Monet." I looked around and realized that there was a whole lot of crazy in this office. Blair, Monet, Big Lynn and Meika B. Fact is I myself was included in that but you see the difference is: I was KING! I would not stop. Monet hadn't bargained on that. I sat my plush fabolous ass down on her chair. Meika did the same. "Ladies and gentleman, let's talk." Monet nodded her head. "Cecily, hold my calls please." Yeah you do that, Cecily. "CC, you know why we're here. I gotta hand it to you. Didn't think you'd have the balls to actually carry it out." "Why's that Monet? You raised me. If I said I was going to do something, I'm gonna do it. The least I can say of you." Arnissha Lynn's eyebrows rose. Monet looked around. She hadn't expected that little rise of uncivility from me. But she should have. She had created a monster. "Excuse me?" I smiled. Got up and sat on the edge of her desk where we were face to face. "You tried to off me. Twice. Didn't that tell you what kind of woman I am?" She growled. "Get off my fuckin desk!Mince je ne vais pas vous tuer?" I smirked. When Monet got really angry she would speak in french. I was fluent in it. "I know you would kill me IF you could." Arnissha Lynn intervened. "Whoa, now we're supposed to be here about money. Whatever this pissing contest you bitches got going on needs to end." She was right. Monet took a deep breath and looked at me. " Regardez vous-même salope!" I peered back. "Je le ferai. Vous faites de même." Likewise, you do the same. Chad Blair stood up. Handsome he was. I always believed so. His bald head contoured with the way he walked. Fine cigars and that country drawl usually could bring a woman to her knees. I had been his partner five years though. I knew that it was more to him then this. He looked at me. "Monet, like it or not, Piggy here is on it. She got the power. You gone have to eat crow. We can all be in a position to make a lot of money. The question is do we wanna have to answer to Miss Piggy." When Blair said that I looked for reactions from everyone in the room. This is when I needed my own theme music to play. I looped my finger through the DSW pendant around my neck and crossed my thick thighs. "What's it gone be people? I ain't going nowhere." Arnissha Lynn laughed. Chad Blair didn't say anything. Meika B nodded her head. Shannon Monet seethed. "I'm forming an embassy. As you know everyone in here got a history if you know what I mean. Ain't nobody in here is a saint. I prefer it this way. Albro industries has been taken over. I'll keep the name. No sense changing it. We meet in two days to discuss the market." And that was it. All I planned to say. I got up and pulled my romper down a bit. I think I may have been too fine for it. "Meika, what you feel like for lunch?" She chuckled. "I think shoe shopping and Vic and Anthonys." We walked out headed to the Galleria. I'm a King or Queen. However you want to call it. Run this with an iron fist, Mike Walker. I would. Houston would tattoo my name indellibly on its mind and heart. I put my radio on something Robert Davis-ish and headed out. This little Piggy was going to Market, the Galleria that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment