Thursday, June 23, 2011

Piggy is Here:The Embassy Forms

All in all, I would say that the meeting went quite well. I got my point across. Wasn't expecting to see Lynn and Blair there, but hey they don't shake me. So here I am with Tameika in this blazing Houston heat. We were going shopping and have lunch at Vic and Anthony's. I could use some Merlot and a good steak. As we walked in I heard someone call my name. I turned around. It was Chenitre Peterway. We called her Cookie. Cookie was a longtime friend of mine as well. I was proud of her. She had come up and opened her own beauty school. She now had six of them across the state of Texas. Always flawlessly made up. We embraced. She placed her hand on my chin and turned my face side to side. "Babe, you're getting better at blending. Love the eyeshadow and brows." I blushed. Peterway was one of the world's top make up artists. She had been consultants and ambassadors for companies like Mac, Ulta and CoverGirl. A magician is what I called her because she could find natural beauty even in some of the most naturally UGLY heifers. I'm serious. Cookie was also an amazing marksman. Her aim was dead on and could handle just about any handgun. It was a passion and hobby of hers. She was coming out of the Mac store that she probably owned. In her hand was a fab Prada bag and a Mac shopping bag. I eyed her Mac bag and she eyed my shoes. "Can't leave that makeup alone can you?" She rolled her eyes. "I'll leave this alone when you stop your shoe habit." We errupted into a fit of laughter. I introduced Tameika to Cookie. No introductions were needed as they already knew each other. "Where you headed to Cookie? Meika and I were just about to have lunch and do some shoe- well I mean shopping today." Cookie smiled. "Girl I was on my way out. I have a photo shoot today." "Ok, well why don't you call me. I may have something for you. I know you'll be interested." She eyed my DSW pendant. "Oh ok, that's what's different about you. I knew you looked different." She looked at me and then away. There was a mutual understanding now. She kissed my cheek and said goodbye to Meika. She left. Meika watched her leave. "Piggy, what was that all about?" "Nothing. We can use her too. We forming an embassy of some of the baddest, Meika. I think Chenitre Peterway would make a good fit." "Ok. Come on girl, let's eat. I'm hungry." We walked into Vic and Anthony's. It wasn't crowded but it wasn't empty either. The maitre 'd sat us at a table in the middle of the restaurant. I ordered a bottle of Merlot. "I want a Tbone steak. Cook it medium rare. It needs to still be mooing when it come out here." The waiter laughed. Tameika shook her head. "Unlike my friend here, I want the grilled Salmon and make sure its cooked all the way through please." The waiter left us to our devices. "So Piggy rules the world now." I laughed and took a sip of wine. "Naw Texas Tea, not yet but maybe some day. You ever have regrets?' She sat her glass down and looked at me. "What do you mean, Piggy?" I paused. "I mean like regrets. Like are you ever sorry for the things you do? I mean like really sorry." "Sometimes. I mean I know I have done some effed up stuff. But I can't let that hold me back. I know I gotta push forward. Pray. You gotta pray and ask for forgiveness." "You right. The thing is, Meika, I don't have regrets. I mean even with all of this, I don't have regrets. If I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't change nothing. I think about how what I'm doing is wrong. I know this but then you have muthafuckers like Lynn and Albro who did stuff that was horrible and they did it for years." Tameika listened. "You can't get caught up in to what other people do. You just can't do that. You gotta do you. I say you in a position to do a lot of things. Take your time. You do realize that Albro's enemies have now become yours." Boom! Meika had hit me with that flex. She was right. But I would handle them no doubt. Meanwhile, I knew that there would soon be an investigation into Albro's murder. I had recently got word that they were looking into Gitto's warehouse massacre. I needed to lay low for a while. I figured that tomorrow I would go into the office and spend some time on my HPD caseloads. Yeah that is what I was going to do. My steak was brought out to me steaming. It smelled great. I cut into it and sure enough it was bleeding. Just like I like it. We finished up with lunch and went into our favorite shoe spot in the Galleria. Anna was expecting us. When we walked in she immediately handed Tameika and I with champagne flutes. "Sit, sit dahlings. You'll never guess what I have for you." Meika leaned over towards me and whispered, "Know your limit Piggy." Anna brought out Rhinestoned heeled platform pumps by Steve Madden in six different colors. I saw that Arnissha Lynn had on a Taupe pair the other day. I took off my Lou Bou pump and Anna proceeded to massage my toes and feet. "Regardez-Anna," I responded sharply in French. She looked up at me with glassy eyes. Needless to say I believe Anna was a closeted lesbian. I'm not knocking it. It's just not for me. She responded back in French. "Ooh Mademoiselle, vous avez une telle beaux pieds." I sucked my teeth. I didn't care how beautiful she thought my feet were. Her behavior often wierded me out. Tameika shook her head. "You and Monet kill me with this French dialect." I took another sip of champagne. "Yeah, I'm fluent in Spanish and French. You never know when you may need it to survive." Anna placed my foot in the shoe. She looked at me. "Votre collier. C'est vous! Courtney, qu'avez-vous fait!" Damn! Everybody recognized this chain. Her eyes had gotten big. She looked around. I did the same. There were people in the back. Men. "Dont à l'arrière e? Sont-ils des problèmes?" Who's in the back? Are they trouble? Meika sighed. "Um can you please tell me what y'all talking about? I don't speak french?" "Meika, Anna says that her bosses are in the back looking for whoever offed Albro." "Dahling, you have to take that off. Now! We have security cameras in the back." I unhooked the clasp and the heavy chain fell down into my cleavage. Then two men emerged from the back. One very handsome gentleman looked at me and smiled. Anna had my calf and was carefully putting the pump on my foot. I bit my lip and nodded. I heard Tameika say Damn! As they walked towards the exit, I shivered. This man was power and it oozed out of his pores. Black as the day is long. Tall. Broad shoulders. Tailor made suit. _______ was back. Oh we knew each other. He stopped at the door. Turned around and looked at me. The DSW pendant clenched between my teeth while its chain lay between my breasts. His eyes got big. He looked to his comrad. Here stands the man that I am in love with. He didn't believe in me either though. Surely, he wasn't thinking about doing what Anna was saying was he? As if on cue Tameika had her .50. My .9 appeared in my lap. "HipHop, fix your face, baby. You ain't glad to see me?" He walked towards where I was sitting. Took my foot from Anna. Rubbed his hand up and down my calf. I moaned. It was something about his touch that would drive me crazy. "Piggy, we need to talk." Yeah I bet we do. I wasn't concerned. I could make Hip Hop stutter. He extended his hand to me so that I could get up. I heard Diamonds up Against the Wood play. Got to the point where I could not decipher day from night. I got up and sashayed beside him. Left hand in his and my glock in the right hand. We headed to the back to "discuss" things. Was I gone be okay? Huh? You better know that shit.

1 comment:

  1. Wow forget Trina..With yo a$$ fluent in both Spanish and French makes you a Badd B@tch....snap..snap..snap

    ReplyDelete