Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Hard Headed Piggy Listens to Centered Mike Walker

The piglet AKA Cobee and I rode through the city of Houston. I marveled at my Queendom. This was the city I loved. And it now belonged to me. As I drove through the city, I slipped on some Dolce and Gabanna eyewear. Albro's DSW pendant around my neck, for some reason I now saw the city through his eyes. "Cobee, where we going?" I looked in my rearview as he sat and thought. How handsome was my son. Perfect. His features was a combination of 50 and I but he looked more like me. My love for him existed and it didn't need a reason or rhyme. "Mama, how about we go to Chuck E. Cheese and then to Souper Salad for dinner." "You got it, Courtney." I remeber when his dad decided that he should be named Courtney instead of Brian. He didn't want a junior. I still laugh because now I had one. On the radio, Smile plays. I nod my head as I Brad Jordan "opens up his story with the blaze of my blunt". We pulled into the parking lot of Chuck E. Cheese and Cobee had barely let the car come to a complete stop. What was it about this place that made children go crazy? I grabbed my purse, tossed my keys and cell phone and felt the weight of Nina Simone in the bottom of it. The minute we walked in, there was chaos everywhere. Kids running and screaming. Before mine could get out of control, I grabbed him and let him know that he needed to not lose sight of his mama. I paid for tokens and we went at it. While were playing at the basketball hoop, there was this chick eyeing me from across the store. She didn't look familiar but she looked as if she knew who I was. Same complexion as me. A little taller. She was with a group of other women I didn't recognize. I walked up to the counter to order Cobee a small pizza. Brought it back to the table. "You having fun, bae?" With a mouth full of pizza he answered, "Yeah mama. I am. Are you?" I smiled. "I'm having the best time of my life." I noticed that this chick was circling through the kids and around the area that my son and I were sitting at. My spidey senses were tingling. She circled around one more time and I really got a good look at her. Gorgeous she was. Natural hair. Full lips and chinese slanted eyes. "Excuse me, do you know me?" She looked at me and then she looked away. "No, but I know that chain around your neck. It belongs to my old man. Its only three like that in the whole world. The one you're wearing belongs to Ivory Albro. How did you get it?" Boom. I took another glance at her. Yeah she was his type. Exotic looking. Yellow. But she wasn't made. She was definitely a square. I noticed the little girl she had with her. She was the spitting image of him only she was bright like her mother. I smiled. "I'm not going to discuss that with you here. However you think I got it will just have to suffice for now." She shook her head. Moved closer. I put those eyes on her. She backed up a bit. "Naw bitch, see I know about the hoes he mess around. I don't like it but I deal with it. You all want the life I have. But he don't take that chain off for nobody!" I made sure my son wasn't in ear range. He was too busy scarfing down pizza. "Look, I'm with my son here, so I'll make this quick. I'm not who you think I am. If what you say is true, then you might wanna watch how you talk to me. Like it or not, I have his chain. So why don't you take a moment or two to figure out WHY I have it. Beautiful girl you are, but insecurity is ugly on you." Her eyes dilated. "Can we talk later?" I thought about her request. "Sure, why not?" "How do I get in touch with you?" "The Hiram Clarke Zoo." She nodded. I prepared to gather our things so that Piglet could cash his tickets in. "Hey, what do I call you?" I stopped and turned around. I smirked. "King Piggy." The look on her face told me that she had heard my name before. She then knew exactly who I was. "Ok my name is- "It's Yulonda. Born in Longview and raised in Dallas, Texas. I know who you are pretty girl. Ivorie looks just like her dad." With that I headed to the prize center. I had heard Ivory mention his other half numerous times. He was bored with her. Said Yulonda didn't want anything past what he offered her. That disgusted him. I figured Shannon Monet had given Albro the taste of being with a go getter. Maybe that's what he saw in me. Courtney cashed in his tickets and got some toys that I would probably throw away later. My cell rang as we exited the building. Shit! It was my captain. I answered. "Captain." "Don't captain me, Piggy. Where the hell are you? You know what it doesn't matter. I want your ass here at the compound at nine. Sharp. Don't make me have to look for you! We're on tonight." He hung up without another word. "Whatever." "Mommy, you gotta go play cops and robbers, tonite?" I looked at him. "Yeah kiddo, but later on." We headed to his favorite restaurant, Souper Salad. I walked in and spotted him sitting down eating. That must have been his wife. They were with their children. He looked up from eating and he saw me. He nodded. I waved. I remember my dad telling me that Mike Walker, Smitty, Cory Blount and him ran Houston, Texas from corner to corner. The night they killed and pulled Smitty's body out that limo in Galveston, was a turning point for Mike. He was worth an estimated sixty million dollars. He walked away. No explaination or anything. He just vanished. My dad took over his territory and sent money to his mama. She would always send it back. In 2000, he returned a whole different person. He had married a southern belle. Lisa's beauty on the inside was as apparent as it was on the outside. She had a beautiful spirit and it was obvious that she and their children is what kept Walker's beast at bay. I went up and spoke. "Courtney, how are you? Hadn't seen you in a while." Lisa and I embraced. She held me longer than usual as she must have sensed that I needed it. Mike spotted the pendant around my neck and he peered into my eyes as if to look into my soul. He nodded his head. So it was true, Piggy. I knew that what he was thinking. Lisa began pulling tables together to allow us to eat together but I didn't wanna intrude. "Baby, why you don't take them to the restroom so they can wash up. I need to speak to CC about my case." She kissed him and obeyed her husband. I envied her at that moment. How I wanted to have my own King I submitted to. "So you got him?" I didn't answer. "Lil one, I hope you know what you're doing." "Yeah I do. I'll take it day by day." He nodded his head in blessing. "I won't tell you to walk away. That's a decision you make. Lord knows I've done my share of dirt. Still doing a little bit. I decided though that none of this was more important to me than that lady, you understand. You got eyes like mine. Your daddy. Smitty. That's rare. I have never come across many women like you. You're in a position to make an impact. I tell you this. You decide. You corner the third coast like Albro did and you'll die young. But Houston, will remember your name forever. You walk away and raise that little boy, and your name will fade away with the times." I knew what Mike Walker said was probably true. I was hard headed. He knew that. He touched my hand. "You have my blessing lil one. I know that you've been seeking it. You in transistion. It's normal. Get some help for your shoe habit, girl. And then you rule this muthafucka with an iron fist. If you don't have an iron fist, I'll let you use mine." He laughed and I did too. Lisa came back with her children and mine too. I got up to fix Courtney something and Lisa told me not to worry. "Chile, fix your own plate. I got him." I ate with Mike Walker and his family and for the first time in weeks, I felt normal. I left the restaurant with a new purpose. Nine was fast approaching so I dropped Courtney off with my mother. She would get him off to school in the morning for me. I hadn't been by my queendom in days so I went to check on it. Everything looked okay. I grabbed some more clothes, re-upped on shoes and got more ammo. Changed into a form fitting HPD black tshirt, black fatigue pants black low Air Force 1's. I put a black fitted over my blonde locks. Clear lip gloss. I traded my .9 for a .45. I headed to work. Before I got out of my car, I took the DSW pendant off and stuck it down into my bra. On the radio, I could still hear Aretha Franklin singing Chain Chain Chaaaain, Chain of Fools. Maybe that's what I had become. You live and you learn. I locked my car and headed into the compound. We had a kickdoor operation in Sunnyside. I needed to inform Asia. Whether Sunny or Gray, Alicia.

No comments:

Post a Comment