Sunday, April 8, 2012

Piggy Peaks Interest

I watched him watch me. Derrick Thompson no doubt was what my daddy calls a stiff nigga. Genuine. About his business. Tolerance for women but none when it came to niggas and silly shit. I could feel my veins thumping. I needed to get high. I'm sitting on his desk on top of some important files I know. He smiled down on me but made sure he kept a safe distance from me. I leaned back and let him imagine what was under my straight leg 501's. "What's up Courtney?" Now let's see. The facts were that I was now King of Houston. I could lay all of my cards on the table or Thompson's desk rather. Or I could be sneaky about it. "How's your mom?" He didn't answer right away. He rubbed his head a bit. "She's fine. Just got back from El Savador. Doing alright and I know damn well you not sitting on my desk to talk about my mama." I laughed. "You're right. Twin, ain't no since in beating around the bush. You've heard things right?" I slowly scanned his office. He still had things in boxes but for the most part his office was clean. I ran my hand alongside his oak desk. "Yeah I hear a lot of shit. Say what's on your mind." I got up and sat behind his desk. Ran my hand down the drawers. Went across the keyboard tray until I found what I was looking for. A small transmitter that Fairfield used to record newbies conversations and activities online. I held it up for Twin to see. I put my finger to my lips to stop him from speaking. "I hear you a damn good pool player. We all get together at Vernell's and play tournaments. Meet us there tonight if you not doing nothing. I scribbled his parking number in the garage and motioned for him to meet me there. I put the transmitter back where it was. I walked directly up to him close enough for him to smell my perfume. "Tell your mother I said hello too." He nodded his head. I held up five fingers. I'm still tryna figure out what phone I'm going to get. Something still doesn't feel right. Something's off. I can't put my finger on it though. Me and Captain Fairfield had been close but now after what Drell had told me, I couldn't trust this motherfucker no further than I could throw him. I went back out to my bike. Under the seat I kept lipgloss, a .380 wet wipes a compact and Chinese Laundry shoelaces. I had the shoelaces there because they would help curb my cravings. All I had to do was tie one of them around my wrists and it would get me a small dose of what I needed till I could get to the shoes my body needed. I tied the lace around my wrist and my body began to relax. I saw Thompson headed to the garage. I cleaned my hands with the wet naps and put the laces back in my seat compartment. Dabbed a little lipgloss on. Check the clip in my .40. Habit. Derrick was sitting on his car. It was a '79 Lincoln Continental. Just like the one my daddy had. "What's up Piggy?" I looked around and then stuck a fresh piece of Doublemint gum in my mouth. I heard Twin laugh. "You ain't no good girl." "What you mean by that?" "You know just what I mean."  "Twin, I'mma put it out there. I got the third coast on lock. Shoes, merchandising, dope, and real estate, I've cornered all markets. Albro Industries now belong to me." I let that marinate a bit. Derrick rubbed his chin and nodded. "So it's true. You kill Albro? What happened to him? You know his mother ready to turn his missing case file into a homicide one." I walked over and sat on the hood of his car. They really don't make automobiles like this anymore. I was moist. He had a helluva paint job on it and it was kept immaculate. "Dee, I'm offering you a position. It's money in it and everybody can eat but as a part of my blueprint." Whether or not I had killedl Ivory Albro was irrelevant. You see Lieu Thompson was making damn good money but he could make even more tax free. "How I know I.A. ain't sent you to set me up. You may be wired right now." I rolled my eyes. "Twin really? Do I look like Internal Affairs? Come on now." He still look skeptical. I pulled my T-shirt over my head. I started to unbutton my 501s when he stopped me. "Ok, whoa Piggy. I believe you. Put your shirt back on." I'm pretty sure  I had made him blush. I put my shirt back on. "So what you need from me, Courtney?" "I'll keep in contact. Meanwhile that ballistic report you just got is going to come back to my gun. Some of the shell casings will also match an AK-47 that Dynastie Foy owned. She's one of your cases now too." I could see the horror in his eyes. "Courtney, you had something to do with her too?" "I'll be in touch Twin." I walked off back towards the office. The minute I got back in Fairfield was hollering my name. "What's up Capt?" "Close my gotdamn door. Why haven't you been answering your phone?" "Capt, I lost it. I gotta get a new one." "Shit, Coyle. You need to do that ASAP. We got a mission tonite and I'm calling an emergency meeting. The whole team needs to be there. You get the word out. Nobody miss it. Including you." "I'm on Capt. Can I go?" He didn't respond right away. He just looked at me. "Yeah go ahead. Call me as soon as you set back up. What's wrong with your wrist. It's all red." Damn. "Oh nothing. I think I slept on it wrong last night that's all." He wasn't buying that shit. "Courtney, you know what the department's policy is on shoes, right? If you need something, help or anything let me know." "I'm good yo." Besides that motherfucker I didn't trust you far as I could see you. I left his office itching to get into some silk Dior slippers. Right now nothing was important. I wasn't thinking about Drell. My career. The Embassy. Nothing. All I could see was getting my fix. Shit be like that sometimes. Someone's cell rang and I heard Al Green singing Love and Happiness. I put on my sunglasses and stepped out into Houston humidity. Today would be a busy and productive day. I nodded at Twin as I straddled my bike. In my side mirror I watched him touch his groin. I smiled. Damn it felt good to be a gangsta.

No comments:

Post a Comment