Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Piggy and Monet on some gangsta Shit?!

Once the door was open I relaxed. I could smell her Donna Karen perfume. She was dressed in an Armani Exchange tshirt, jeans and on her feet were RED loubou pumps. The only makeup she wore was red Mac lipglass. I bought my weapon down. Monet never really needed a calling card. I knew better than to ask how she had tracked me down. "Piggy you look rested finally. You aight?" I nodded my head. "What's going on Shannon Monet?" "Shit what ain't going on? You know we still dealing with this silly strike of Houston City Works. I had to let go two of my cooks at the restaurant and I have a gala to plan for the Houston Urban League. Then I got a whole shipment of M-16s coming in." She looked at me with a sly grin. "Piggy baby, you interested. Every bad bitch needs a weapon with a thirty round magazine." She taunts. I just grinned. "Sure why not? How much you doing it for?" "For you nothing. I got a favor though." I stopped in my tracks. I knew what this meant. Shannon Monet's favors usually went out and beyond. "What is that Monet?" "Well when you get Albro, I need you to utter one phrase to him for me. Before you kill him look him in the eyes and say 'Remember the Kappa'. Tell him Shannon Monet sends her regards." She sat down at the table in my suite. WTH. This was personal for her too. I see. I watched her pull out that jeweled pill box. She took a small pill, Xanax no doubt, popped it in her mouth and swallowed it dry. Rubbed the back of her neck.  I grabbed her a glass and filled it with water. "Girl you can't take them damn things dry like that." She  took it and downed the glass. "What's up with you and Albro? Why the beef?" Shannon Monet flashed me that look that said I had better leave it alone. "You hungry, CC? I hear the Sheraton Restaurant has wonderful salmon." This woman was the picture of insanity, a beautiful picture but insane no doubt. I agreed to go to dinner with her. Not like I had a choice. I was dressed in Gloria Vanderbilt jeans with a white Aeropastale shirt. White airforce 1's mids. Monet switched into black AF1'1. We headed downstairs. Once inside the dining room the maitre'd sat us at a table in the middle of the restaurant. Shannon sucked her tongue. "Excuse me, do you know who I am?" The young man looked terrified and he should've been. "Of course Miss Monet." "Then you know that sometimes I would appreciate some privacy." He quickly sat us in a more intimate setting. "I'll order for us both Piggy. Son bring us both the grilled salmon, make hers blackened with steamed green beans and a side of mashed pot. Get us a bottle of Cristal. Don't look at me like that either. Sometimes I am an around the way girl with ends." I laughed out loud. I couldn't believe she had just said that but she had. We sat in comfortable silence until our food arrived. When it did Monet said grace. The food was absolutely delicious. As we ate out the corner of my eye, I saw him. Albro had come in with four other men I did not know. He smiled at me and then he looked over at Shannon Monet. On cue he and his goons reached for their weapons. Monet looked up and hers was on the table by her salad fork. "Easy Monet, y'all can't do this here. I mean WTF!!" "Stay out of this CC." "What you mean stay out of it Monet. I am still a cop you know." I got up and walked towards Albro. His goons stood down as Ivory instructed. He took my hand and kissed it. "What's going on Albro? We can't do this here now." "We? My beef aint with you. It's that bitch you eating with." "Albro that bitch will put a hole in you and continue her meal. You do kno that right?" Albro chuckled and so did all four of his cupholders. "That's cute Courtney. Damn my nigga you even flyy in tennis shoes." I blushed. It was crazy the way he made feel sometimes. "Look you told me another time. Go back to your dinner guest. I'll see you later, Piggy." He bent down and kiss me square on my lips and popped me on my ass. Just like that. I looked over. Shannon hadn't seen that because she was posing for a picture. After her fans left I asked her to give it to me straight. "I want to know what went on between you and Albro. I want the truth Monet." She smiled and rolled her eyes. "Long story, cop." I shrugged my shoulders and sat back. "Don't matter. I got all gotdamn day." Well, said Shannon Monet, "Here goes....

No comments:

Post a Comment