Monday, April 4, 2011

PIGGY Preys.....

I pulled up off of Reed RD. Just Soul Food was closed. I saw Alicia's Cadillac and one other car in the parking lot. I dialed AB on my cell phone. "Hey CC. Where you at?" "I'm outside." "Oh ok then. I'll send Wayne out front. Yall come on back to my back office." I hung up. I had met Alicia around the same time I met Mychelle. Alicia was something else. You took her good with her bad. Her good-she would feed anyone and she was constantly giving back to the Sunnyside district. The bad? Well....let's just say if you owed her money and didn't pay, she'd take it out on generations of your family. Wayne greeted me at the door. He attempted to pat me down and I flipped out my badge. "HPD, muthaf@#ker." AB came over the P.A. system. "Easy Wayne. She cool." I looked at him. He smiled and nodded. I continued to follow him through the corridor. Alicia had her spot decorated with items and albums of the sixties and seventies. When you came through the door there was a life sized image of Sam Cooke. When we got to her office, Wayne opened the door and left us. Alicia was stunning. She was dressed in an Ann Taylor jumpsuit. Tan with Gucci mules. She came from around her desk and hugged me like family. "CC you look good girl. How you been?" I smiled. "I've been well AB. You staying outta trouble?" She sucked her teeth and laughed. "Shit you know how it is. Ox Tails can't pay the rent by themselves no more." I sucked my teeth and looked around. "I can't tell AB. Looks like ox tails and greens has afforded you a comfortable lifestyle from what I see." She waved her hand to dismiss me. "Chile smoke and mirrors that's all. So you want to catch Albro huh? Now how you gone do that?" "I got it panned out I just need you to meet me off 610 and 290 on Wednesday. 6:30 sharp. Bring whatever weapons you need. I'l have what we ALL need but I know it aint nothing like your own tools. You need to be in black. Red lipstick." I saw AB raise a beautifully arched eyebrow. "Red? Why red?" I bit my bottom lip. "He loves my lips. He obsesses over them. He loses his mind when they're red." Alicia Brown didn't say another word. My cell rang. It was Albro. "Piggy." "You needed to talk. Where are you?" " I motioned to AB and told I had to go. "I can get to you as soon as you need me to. Where are you?" I had a funny feeling he was at my Queendom. "I was at your house but I got tired of waiting. I'll talk to you another day." He hung up. What the hell was going on? I got in my car and on the front seat was an ox tail plate with rice and gravy cabbage and sweet potatoes. Cornbread and lemon cake too. That damn AB. I sat in my car and I could feel my blonde locks stand on end. "Jody, I know you're in here. You've BEEN following me." She finally sat up in the back seat. "Did you see me?" I turned to look at her. She had been crying looked like. She had a .25 in her hand. She had it in her lap. "No Imma cop into some dirty shit. I pick up on stuff like this." She sniffled. "I can't compete with you. You won't go away. He's my HUSBAND CC." I tried to figure out what my options would be. I could easily take Jody. She had a .25. Don't get me wrong I didn't want to get shot but I liked my odds better with a .25 rather a 40. "So what you gone do Jody? You gone shoot me? Huh? I kept you from going to jail." "Bitch so what? So that means you can lay with my husband? UH HUH you think its ok." I turned to face the windshield. I pulled Nina from under my steering wheel. There was no way she was gonna peel my cap in my car. Naw I had gadgets that put Bruce Wayne industries to shame. "Jody I think you're upset and your emotions are causing you to be real stupid right now. I inched my gun into my lap and took it off safety. I felt her gun at the back of my head. I looked up and whispered, "Forgive me Father for what I need to do....

No comments:

Post a Comment