Monday, November 29, 2010

Love is an Action Word, Yo!

You know people don't typically believe that Piggy has feelings. I do. I've focused most of my time and my heart and soul on raising my son and my career. So I lay here in some satin Donna Karen mules with my .45 and I think. What is going to become of me? I have done some horrible things. Every day my addiction is getting worse. Left untreated, I knew I could resort to more and more deviant behavior. And hell I was a cop. Even still I had to do what I had to do. I got up and dried my eyes. I put on some blue jeans that were ripped at the knees, a white tee and some purple Promise open toed booties. I pulled my blonde locks into a messy ponytail. I grabbed my loot and my clothes and I left. As I passed the maintenance closet I looked for cameras. I pulled my fitted to shade my eyes. I knocked on the maintenance door. No answer. I opened the door and the concierge was still passed out. Around his neck but tucked into his shirt I saw a familiar badge. It was the same badge that the ese had around his neck. DSW. I closed the door. I took my gun out and hit the door knob until it came completely off. I picked the knob up and put in my bag. I headed to _____  and my spot. The playground at Welch Middle School. I pulled up and parked in the back. I saw his car slabbed park. My cell rings. It's him. "Where you at?" "I'm here." I put my .380 in my pocket and walked back to the swing set. He stood up. Held his arms open to me. I walked straight into them. Even after all this time his arms still felt like the safest place this side of my grandmother's heaven. "You ready to talk. I ain't got to tell you how slimy Albro is, do I?" I rolled my eyes. "No you don't. I got this." He took his finger and traced the outline of my lips. He would always do that. "I love your lips." We kissed. "Piggy I think you in over your head." "I'm okay ____. I've been in this for quite some time now. I've done well too. I mean its so easy for people to judge me. But y'all don't know." As we sat down at a picnic table _____reached down and put my foot in my lap. He shook his head. "I thought that you had kicked this habit. But I can see that it has gotten worse." "Don't do it ____. Its not that bad. I gotta handle on it bae." He looked at me and there was geniune concern in his eyes. "Courtney, I barely recognize you. You are responsible for Gttto's death. Albro set you up Piggy! You have taken out the only person who is was higher than him in this shoe shit." My heart start beating fast. This couldn't be right. I had been played. "Albro starts telling me how he got a cop on his team. He had sent the ese to set you up. He figured he would send the ese to you with some bs work and you wouldn't go for it. That's how he found you." I was sitting there in shock. "Albro told you this?" "Yes so when he showed me your pic, I insisted on him introducing me to you so to speak." "Omigod, _____ What do I do? We have several more heists to plan." "We can overthrow Albro. You and I have been through some stuff baby. We can do this? You still trust me?" I smiled and ran my hand down his handsome face. "You know there is no such thing as trust in this business. But we had affairs outside this game. I will love and trust you forever." I meant every word I said to him that night. I still had my doubts. But the truth is I had missed him. This would be the test. He knew how much I loved him. Now we would see how much he loved me.

No comments:

Post a Comment