Thursday, December 2, 2010

Piggy talks to Shannon Monet......

_______ kissed me. We promised to keep in touch and we parted ways. I watched him walk away. I just hoped his wife Jody knew what she had. Crazy thing is he felt like he was the lucky one. I was sitting in my car thinking about what I needed to do with Albro's ass. I wasn't naive. I knew that Ivory Albro had been in this game a long time. He hadn't survived it by being the nice boy. I don't know how I hadn't put two in two together. I was feeling bad. There was only one place I could go to make me feel better. I pulled up in front of the mall and hightailed it to Baker's shoe store. When I walked through the door my senses were heightened. Katy my favorite saleswoman walked up. "Courtney, how are you baby?" I shivered and sniffled. She saw me trembling. "Better Katy, now that I see you." She took my hand and sat me down. "It's okay Courtney. Mama Katy is going to take real good care of you ok? Brent, Courtney is here and she is geeking bad! Bring those emerald green pumps we got in size 8 NOW!" She held me tight. "Courtney we have some Moscato and that expensive cheese you like. You want some?" "Yeah fix me up Katy." And she did. I left with H by Halston taupe boots hidden platforms, Wild pair of rose pink over the knee boots, and a pair of emerald green pumps by Bakers. My tab was close to $500 but when I stepped into each shoe I got that rush. The colors and sensibilities came at me and were flushing through my veins. I exploded from the inside out. I put my glasses back on. Kissed Katy's cheek. She always took care of me but then again I took care of her too tip and commission.  Brent carried my bags to the car. He looked at me and there was a sad look in his eyes. "I know Brent. Don't look at me like that. See you in a couple of days." He just nodded. I threw my purchases in the car. I felt better. But also when I went out on binges like this I would feel dirty afterwards. I looked at my watch. It was close to three o'clock. I had got high and so now I was hungry. I pulled my car into the parking lot of Saltgrass. That's when I saw her. Shannon Monet. Houston's IT girl. She was on the Urban League. She had her own cooking show. Several restaurants. And Councilwoman. She was also my boss. She was in Saltgrass in Ramona Cavalli from head to toe. She had on five inch RC stiletto pumps and I got the shakes. We locked eyes. I nodded and so did she. We met at the bar. "Courtney how are you? Love those shoes. They look new." I smiled. She knew they were. "Thank you. How you been?" "I've been good. You got something for me?" I motioned to the waitress. Ordered a drink. Cranberry and Grey Goose. "I got a rat that we've been trying to catch. I know you have the artillery I need to catch him." Shannon Monet smiled gracefully. You see this bitch was definitely a lady but she was a beast under all that class. "Courtney I got what you need. What I get outta this?" "I'm gonna trap Albro and when I do you'll get the press you want and need and I'll get the payoff I deserve." Monet perked up. "Piggy you know what you doing?" "Yeah." "Alright I don't need to tell you whatll happen if this goes bad do I?" I saw the imprint of her garter holster. She patted it. "Unneccessary Monet." She shook her cocktail glass. "Call me in a couple of hours, ma. I'll have what you need." She paid the bartender and she and her driver left. Who knew the city councilwoman of  Houston was one of the biggest gun runners on the third coast. I shook my head and went over the menu. Im coming for you Ivory Albro. I think this lil Piggy wants Roast Beef today.

No comments:

Post a Comment