Friday, December 17, 2010

Either you love Piggy or you Don't!

Imagine my surprise. "CC you are a bold bitch, I tell you." She chuckled. I did too. "You're right chick. It's because of that boldness your little ass is not locked up." All that sass went out the window then. A couple of hours with Shannon Monet and she was brand new all of a sudden huh? "What you want with Mac?" "Look I don't have an allegiance with you. He does. Any business you want to know about what we have you need to ask your husband." I could feel the heat over the telephone line. I didn't care. I was gone teach her some game. Besides that she young and as far as I was concerned she didn't know shit. "What's up Piggy?" "I need to see you ASAP." " Where?" "The Hiram Clarke zoo." I hung up. That was our code word for Meredith Manor. I stopped and got me a bag of chips. While I waited I took out the Chinese Laundry satin sandal and tossed it back and forth from one hand to the other. I did this when my nerves were bad. I sat and thought about my life. To some it was spiraling out of control. I always told myself that I could handle this shit and that it would never handle me. Now I wasn't so sure. Ivory Albro had the upper hand from the beginning but I had let him triple double cross me. My pride wouldn't let me let this ride. He had to be stopped. I thought about how I am a officer of the law. I am a mother. I sitll had dreams and goals that I have set for myself and I know that my grandmother is sitting up there in heaven, in Louis Vuiton shoes no doubt, shaking her head at my behavior. I remember the first time she took me to use. She had my granddaddy's credit card. I was about four years old. We went into the shoe department of Montgomery Ward. It was like a whole different world in comparison to the rest of the store. My grandmother's dealer was Irene and ironically Irene was my dealer's grandmother. Irene would sit my grandmother down. Bring her over a wide selection of shoes. My grandmother would pull out her kit and get high right there. What was in her kit? A pair of stocking footies, lotion, and foot pedals so that her feet wouldn't slip in certain sandals. My eyes would glisten. My grandmother owned twelve hundred shoes when she died. I was past that number at thirty something. I knew I couldn't keep going on like this. I had a little boy to look after and if I die then my son would be a bastard. It started off simple. I had a pair of white girls in every color. Then I want the latest Gucci tennis shoes. I moved on to Donna Karen. Steve Madden made me feel girly. Promise shoes showed me what was promised to me. Louis Vuitton showed me the legacy my grandmother wanted to pass me. Before I knew it my habit was out of control. After I graduated the police academy and started into my field, there was still a void. I couldnt explain it. So I would work to support my habit but that wasn't enough. So one day I dropped a shell casing and it fell next to my electric blue Christian Louboutin stiletto pumps. That's when I had an ephiphany. I could use my muscle and badge to get the shoes of my dreams. I haven't looked back since. Don't judge me. I pulled up to the Hiram Clarke Zoo. _____ was already there.

No comments:

Post a Comment