Monday, December 6, 2010

Let that be the Reason Piggy....

My cell rang. I motioned for Jody to get up and follow me. "This Piggy." "Piggy baby..." I would know this chick's voice anywhere. It was Shannon Monet. "Monet you got some good news for me?" "You know I do. Every accessory you need. It'll be almost free for you." I heard her chuckle. "Almost." "When can I pick them up?" "Soon. How about you come by my restaurant this evening for dinner. My treat. We have a lot to discuss CC." She hung up. That meant that this dinner was not an option. My phone alerted me short after. I had a text message and it read "Dress appropriately." I got the keys to Debose's camaro. I told Jody to get in. "What the fuck are you doing? _______ and you haven't even been married that long. You steppin out on him." She sucked her teeth. I turned the radio on and ironically Luther Ingram was singing  If loving you is Wrong. "So you not talking huh?" "Why you care? He in love with you. What difference does it make whether or not Im stepping out on him?" She had tackled me with that. Part of that may have been true. I knew that _____  and I would probably always have feelings for one another. Fact is it was her that he married not me. "I can't reach him. No matter what I do. We never can reach the bond that I know he still has with you." "What you mean still has? I just saw him yesterday. We hadn't seen each other in a year since then." "It don't matter CC. Its the way he talks about you. Knowing that yall have the same tattoo. When he hear your name or says it he has that look. Sometimes I feel like I can't get away from you." I sighed. Jody was 20. I had a few years on her. It was a lot she didnt understand about Mac. I had an idea. I figured I could take her with me to see Shannon Monet. Show her was being a grown woman was all about. "Look you don't want to go to jail, from now on you do what I say. We gone ride today." I went back in and talked to Debose. None of the others had seen Jody and I knew David and Debose would cover for me even if it costs their lives. That's what loyalty is. Me and Jody left and headed to Priscilla's of Boston. I had to get Jody some party gear. "I have an important meeting with a very important woman this evening. You need to look the part." She looked at me. I saw paranoia written all over your face. "Why are you doing this? I know you want my husband." I chuckled. Yeah _____ the bitch had balls. "You know that's your problem. Your little ass think you know everything. You don't know shit! Imma teach you some game that will help you keep your husband." She snorted but I know she was interested. We went in and got Jody a bad black cocktail dress. They had a pair of cheap satin slingback pumps to match. She had the audacity to ask about my own private collection. "Bitch please. Would a junkie share his dope?" I think not. Something about Jody reminded me of myself. I felt weird about helping her. Seeing how she was married to the man I was in love with. I loved HIM so much that I would do anything to ensure that he was happy. I booked a room at the Sheraton Astrodome. Paid cash. Jody and I needed to get ready for dinner with Shannon Monet. I decided that I would step out in a knee length royal blue strapless cocktail number. Royal blue and rhinestone studded Manolo Blahniks to match. I took them out of the box. I rubbed them and then as I put one on, I saw Jody staring at me. "What?" She shook her head and closed the door. I stood up dabbed Cashmere into my cleavage. Checked the pistol in my garter and headed to Shannon's Plate. It was always eventful when Shannon Monet and I got together. Tonight would be no different.

No comments:

Post a Comment