Sunday, December 12, 2010

What looks Ordinary on a F@#king Crazy Day!

I dug into Monet's dirty rice. My eyes rolled back into my head. I had to give it to her. Her passion for food was evident in her restaurant's cuisine. She took a sip of her Merlot. "You are tryna to catch Albro. Well we have been tryna to shut his business down for years. He is beating the shoe market and cornering it. The price of Louboutins used to be sixty on the dollar. Now he has it up at seventy five." I whistled. You see Shannon had a discerning monetary interest in this shoe shit. Me? I was in it for the kill. It was my habit and I had to maintain it or I would get sick. I listened to Monet talk but as I did so, I couldnt help staring at her Manolo Blahnik shoes. They were red amd satin with a 5 inch heel pointy toed- "Piggy! Piggy are you ok?" I cleared my mind. I had drifted off. "Now I will spare no expense to catch Albro, you understand. But you better know what you are doing. If you don't take him down, I 'll be out of a lot of money. I don't need to tell you what that'll cost you." She turned to Jody. Smiled and said, "Sugar what's the matter? You don't like the Pat Pot salad?" Jody was so scared she shook her head. "Shannon, when have I ever NOT handled my business."  Monet dabbed her crimson red lips with her napkin. She is such a f@#king lady. "CC you handle your business so I think you deserve it girl but ohhh, ohhh! You have let the dope consume you. Yeah girlie I saw you walk into Saltgrass the other day. You strutted in in those brand new shoes and it was obvious that you are a junkie. You need to get it together." I couldn't say anything because most of what she said was true. It had gotten bad. "Look Shannon, I got a handle on this shit ok? I just need to get on that's all." A waiter came and refilled my glass of Beretta St. Sweet Tea. "Finish your ribs, Piggy." I did as I was told. "You know what I need?" Monet nodded her head. "When can I pick up?" "After dessert. Jody I hope you like bread pudding. It is the best this side of the Astrodome." Monet rose. "Jody you enjoy dessert. This lil piggy is coming with me." I got up and followed her to her back office. Her office went from a formal setting decorated in hues of reds oranges and browns to a cold armory decorated in the color of steel. She had everything from AK'S to Kevlar. There was a desert eagle and glocks of every caliber. She had gauges and rifles. There was camouflage gear and a holster for every person. "Piggy I've had a truck loaded for you with what you need. You give my boys directions on where it needs to be delivered. Once you have Albro you send me pictures or some kind of proof then I'll have a bonus for you." "Monet that's not necessary." She came closer to me and grabbed me by the neck. "So are you refusing my generosity?" When I looked her in her eyes hers dilated. She realized she was looking into her own eyes through mine. "Monet, I'm not a little girl anymore. Take your hand from around my neck." She did what she was told. "So the grasshopper becomes the sinsay huh." She smiled. Downed her drink. We went back to the table. Jody had devoured her bread pudding. I knew she would. It was excellent. My phone vibrated. Just who I needed to talk to. "Jody we need to go." Jody looked disappointed. "CC, why don't you go and take care of your business. Jody can stay with me and chat. I'll make sure my driver take her anywhere she wants to go." I nodded. "Monet you're right. Jody is that cool." She smiled and agreed. I left. Before I did I looked back because I knew that Monet was grooming Jody to be her foot soldier. Just as she had done me. I didn't know if Jody knew what this meant but she was about to really become a grown woman. I dashed off to the car. I locked the doors and let the windows up. There was a Steve Madden pump shoe in my purse. I wrapped it in a towel and laid it on my vein. I reclined the seat a little and well you know the rest.....

No comments:

Post a Comment