Friday, December 3, 2010

Piggy the Cop

I had a steak au jous sandwich that day. I sat and thought about all that had transpired. I felt eyes on me. I looked across the way and there was a lady staring at my pumps. You see this was in addition to my high. I am addicted to fabolous shoes but the way people admire them was like the cigarette you smoke after smoking the blunt. I paid the tab and made sure I sashayed past my admirer. My cell rang. It was my captain. I answered. "Piggy, where the hell are you?" "Capt. I'm on my way." "We got a bust in Third Ward. We need you." "I'm on my way." Here we go. You see in all my extracurricular activiites I forget about my career as a police officer. I headed to the compound. I traded my .380 for the .45. Big girls carry big guns. I put on a sports bra, black fitted tee my vest and black fatigues. I was ready. I joined my team in the truck and we were off. I have done many stings like this. Its never completely easy. You see its always that chance that I may not come home. I hated when I bought shoes and then had to go in. My mind wouldnt be completely focused. But I had to do what I had to do. Im the only woman on my team. There are ten other men who I trust my life with and they trust me with theirs. Bertran the Irish white boy with freckles was my partner when I was on regular patrol. Edwards had six children and the cleansest shot I had ever known. Debose was back up, had been a police officer and an alcoholic for more than twenty years. Then there was David Coyle. He had just got married, has a son, and happens to be my twin brother. I loved him more than the air I breathe. We arrived on Southmore. I made sure everyone had a magnet on the bottom of their radios. They didnt need to know that we were coming. I stopped my twin before we went in. I smiled so did he. "I love you baby." He kissed my forehead. "I love you too." "Let's get it in." Im the female on the team so Im bait and switch. What's bait and switch? Well its like this. No matter what the situation is life or death, Adam's downfall was Eve. Im the tactical narcotics team's Eve. I took my weapon off safety. My team was in position and I knocked on the door. A males voice says who is it. "This Keisha bae.... The door opened up. He looked at me and the shit storm started.

No comments:

Post a Comment